RE: Which was more stable Talonsoft or MCS (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support

TAIL GUNNER -> RE: Which was more stable Talonsoft or MCS (9/5/2008 11:10:28 PM)

quote:

I added tank Transport, LCI that carries 2 Platoons on a Beach

barker, care to elaborate how you do this?

I'd like to make it so one LCT can carry an entire platoon of tanks....among other things.

ChadG

marcbarker -> RE: Which was more stable Talonsoft or MCS (9/5/2008 11:13:21 PM)

up the load capacity but the rub is that it did not move....it loaded ....i had it going in the talonsoft version...you can even email craig about that I sent him an email back in 2000 with the files etc....

Deputy -> RE: Which was more stable Talonsoft or MCS (9/5/2008 11:51:56 PM)

MrRoadrunner: Thank you for standing up for Barker's and my right to speak. [:)]

I suspect Huib feels as stonrgly for the patches as Barker and I are against them. Actually, it's just certain elements of the patches that I object to....the hidden anti-tank guns and the anti-tank artillery. Otherwise, I would probably be using the patches today. It's a shame they didn't make those features selectable/optional as they did for other modifications. Perhaps Matrix will learn from this and future patches will have that capability. [;)]

Deputy -> RE: Which was more stable Talonsoft or MCS (9/6/2008 12:07:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Borsook

Sometimes changes are good. If the Matrix version would be just the old Talonsoft with a bugfix or two many would call it a rip-off... although indeed some of the particular changes are not that great, but still.

I agree that changes can be good. But I get the distinct feeling that many of the changes implemented weren't made for everyone. They were made for a select group of users who play a specific style of the game. I don't know why DCG players are being treated as "second class citizens" in the CS world, but that seems to be what is going on. [:(]

marcbarker -> RE: Which was more stable Talonsoft or MCS (9/6/2008 1:18:37 AM)

That was a huge selling point for me originally...the Dynamic Gampaign Game....create a battalion and walk it through the war....maybe even get to corps commander....last full campaign game I did was talonsoft 62 games...that was a horse...fun, exciting frustrating....but very well worth the 49.99 i paid for east front 1, then another 39 for east front 2, west front, 49....world in flames, 39....rising sun 39 then world at war 49...alot of money invested in the old titles....the reason I kept buying is because talonsoft sparked my interest in historical context....the scenario room...the official update area....the ability to play east front 1.01 i believe the version, online...both players had to have the same version and files...amazing how all that was detracted with JTCS....I guess i was looking for the same type of playability...but you are right a select few got their game style incorporated because of the PBEM fiasco...so the DCG got hung out to dry....rising sun did as well..Remeber the cave issue in RS in talonsoft days....Now it is all geared towards east front...west front is an after thought and rising sun a tertiary reaction.....

Jason Petho -> RE: Which was more stable Talonsoft or MCS (9/6/2008 5:45:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: barker
Now it is all geared towards east front...west front is an after thought and rising sun a tertiary reaction.....

Considering you've been paying attention to where the series is going and the updates coming, this statement is hilarious.

Jason Petho

marcbarker -> RE: Which was more stable Talonsoft or MCS (9/6/2008 12:16:47 PM)

updates comming yea ....2-3 years down the road......that is hilarious...the horse race is hilarious...the indirect firmor is hillarious....you should have a LCG or Scenario name Armor Hotdogs (Armor best served barbecued). Jason the all important thing is the way the updates were handled, and neputism to certain play style and the by far favortism that is showed by the favored few is hillarious.....You see The only thing you fail to realize is the fact that by alienating certain aspects of the communtiy you in turn alinate Matrix Products from them...I had a few questions for matrix and never got a response , reply or even a WTF email....is that a company you would want to support and by products from...for example...I receently pusrchased another game and AGEOD game that is supported from Matrix but I bought else where. Not them.....The question was if I had a seriel number legitimate, could I register that number on my matrix account....never heard a response....asked about the way JTCS was packaged...no response, asked official matrix support on some technical questions that pertain to installs on JTCS, no answers....I like dealing with the company that sells the product and says they have the tech support under their arms....No response on any of these issues.....really the only help I truely have had was Gil on the Forge of Freedom Game...by far that area gets it and you guys don't....now that is hillarious.......the so called keeper of the encryption ..that is hillarious...the pric that you pay for this game....that is hillarious.....the reponses to legitimate questions from a concerned cisumer...that is hillarious.....this whole concept of a beta patch released with eye candy and no true fixes...that is hillarious....the product review page and requirements for this game and what it actually does....that is hillarious.......so I have an opinion and I am thankful that is so hillarious to you so I guess I better still have my day job....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

Jason Petho -> RE: Which was more stable Talonsoft or MCS (9/6/2008 6:35:36 PM)

quote:

updates comming yea ....2-3 years down the road......that is hilarious...

I don't have a magic update fairy to acquire them, do you?

quote:

the horse race is hilarious...

Only if you don't win.

quote:

the indirect firmor is hillarious....

Only for you and Deputy, it seems.

quote:

you should have a LCG or Scenario name Armor Hotdogs (Armor best served barbecued).

As above.

quote:

Jason the all important thing is the way the updates were handled, and neputism to certain play style and the by far favortism that is showed by the favored few is hillarious.....

Everyone receives new toys and features, it is a select few that don't like them. They have an option with installing the additional updates.

quote:

You see The only thing you fail to realize is the fact that by alienating certain aspects of the communtiy you in turn alinate Matrix Products from them...

OK

quote:

I had a few questions for matrix and never got a response , reply or even a WTF email....

Did you post in the main Matrix forum where the staff would see your questions?

quote:

is that a company you would want to support and by products from...for example...I receently pusrchased another game and AGEOD game that is supported from Matrix but I bought else where. Not them.....

OK

quote:

The question was if I had a seriel number legitimate, could I register that number on my matrix account....never heard a response....

Yes, I can't imagine why you couldn't include it in your Members area. Of course, asking Matrix in the forum would probably find the answer you're looking for.

quote:

asked about the way JTCS was packaged...no response,

Huh?

quote:

asked official matrix support on some technical questions that pertain to installs on JTCS, no answers....

On the Matrix support forum? I didn't notice it.

quote:

I like dealing with the company that sells the product and says they have the tech support under their arms....No response on any of these issues.....really the only help I truely have had was Gil on the Forge of Freedom Game...by far that area gets it and you guys don't....

Yay! Someone helped you.

quote:

now that is hillarious.......the so called keeper of the encryption ..that is hillarious...

Since you use 1.02, does it matter?

quote:

the pric that you pay for this game....that is hillarious.....

The price is a brilliant deal.

quote:

the reponses to legitimate questions from a concerned cisumer...that is hillarious.....

Your questions here have always been answered when an answer can be given.

quote:

this whole concept of a beta patch released with eye candy and no true fixes...that is hillarious....

They are updates, not patches. No true fixes?

quote:

the product review page and requirements for this game and what it actually does....that is hillarious.......

It does what is says. And more!

quote:

so I have an opinion and I am thankful that is so hillarious to you so I guess I better still have my day job....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

Absolutely!

Jason Petho

borsook79 -> RE: Which was more stable Talonsoft or MCS (9/6/2008 6:59:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho
quote:

updates comming yea ....2-3 years down the road......that is hilarious...

I don't have a magic update fairy to acquire them, do you?

I like the fact that you "came clean" and said when the next update will be. While there is a lot room for improvement I believe updates are optional and Matrix and the rest of the team are doing us a favour not the other way around. Anyway now I see that it would have probably been better if you just said that the case of future updates is open without giving any specific date... just a thought of course.

quote:

quote:

Only if you don't win.

Am I the only person who does not understand what horse race is being discussed?

quote:

quote:

the indirect firmor is hillarious....

Only for you and Deputy, it seems.

Actually it is too early to say, we'll see how it's received after 1.04 non-beta is out.

quote:

quote:

now that is hillarious.......the so called keeper of the encryption ..that is hillarious...

Since you use 1.02, does it matter?

Is there a single person (outside the team) who is happy with the encryption method and thinks it's a better solution to other ones proposed (e.g. checksum)?

PS. It's a good thing that people voice their opinions. It's even better that they are read and responded to. But personally I'd prefer if Jason and/or the rest of the team had a look into CTDs when using next unit button that I've reported a while ago. ;)

cw58 -> RE: Which was more stable Talonsoft or MCS (9/6/2008 7:27:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Borsook

quote:

quote:

Only if you don't win.

Am I the only person who does not understand what horse race is being discussed?

Here's a quote from another thread:

barker:
Yep nothing like that empty truck doing the indy 500 then followed by a commander then another truck....i did expereince a horse race though...that interesting to see....the new unmounted horse rules makes for a neat derby

Here's the link to the thread if you're really interested. Starts with post #17.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1901368

marcbarker -> RE: Which was more stable Talonsoft or MCS (9/6/2008 7:38:59 PM)

I have had that issue awhile...and was waiting for responses but no responses....on the technical issues..I emailed Tech Support from the members page not the forums page becaus I wanted to get the official technical support from the company that backed the game. The horse race refres to the aspect that trucks, leaders and horses do that magic dance to use up MP when playing AI....I appreciate user content and input but am a firm belieer in if a ompany offers to guarantee a game it needs to be the company and not user forums. Forums is a great sounding board but all official responses to FAQ should come from the company or posted on the Home site. Betas are good but it is a user beta not a company beta. Fine the game is registered and you can do private downloads....woooooo....not the same as Matrix Release....AGEOD is different...they are a great team...they saw an issue that came came from a distrib and took care of it the right way.

I bought a new game AGEOD Blue and gray...got it from EB Games....Trymedia is their electronic download center...Game downloaded fine but was not comaptible with AGEOD released updates. Now I had an Issue.. EB Games said it was trymedia, Trymedia says it was AGEOD...to make a long story shortThe key encryption that trymedia embedded in the game did not play well with the AGEOD....What AGEOD did and I quote from the main guy himself...this should not have happened and sent me a fresh key and download and official patch...it works great...that is customer support, that is technical support.

Now this stuff with Matrix is a joke because they are a distributor of a game that another company developed....is there new technology that separates this game as fresh No...is it a refresh of a classic game...yes...do they have official company tech support for this user beta  No, do they have customer service with problems with their product No...

So the other alternative I have is to voice my opinions and concerns to a game that I purchased under the guise of a classic.

Huib -> RE: Which was more stable Talonsoft or MCS (9/6/2008 7:49:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrRoadrunner

Barker, my friend, I was quoting Huib. He seems to think that being part of the team allows him to tell posters when it is appropriate or how often they can post. Huib is neither an employee or moderator of the forum (at least the last time I checked).

When we are on the forums we can all say what concerns we have, as many times as we have to say them. Especially when those concerns seem to be ignored, unanswered, or belittled? The forum moderators have the tools to edit or delete content.
I think you and Duputy made some good points. I may not agree with all that you say or how you present it, but I will support your right to express your concerns and ideas.

RR

Ed,

As longs as I read these boards, I take everybody serious except you, Barker and Deputy. To me you 3 are users who have demonstrated they can't see things in proportion at all and have been so seriously overreacting in various posts that right now I'm not even interested anymore in trying to explain why things are done in a certain way. I was trying to take away some of the burden away from Jason who still does most of the explaining on the board, but some users
simply don't WANT to see other sides but their own. So I say to you, Barker and Deputy: move on and stop spamming the boards with your same ridiculous statements over and over.
I admire what Barker tried to made as scenario viewer. I wished he'd devoted his time and energy there instead of in complaining about minor things which are not helping JCTS and Matrix at all. The same goes for you Ed with your endless overreactions on 1.03 assault rules. You are free to express your opinion, but the way you did it? Shame on you.

/H

borsook79 -> RE: Which was more stable Talonsoft or MCS (9/6/2008 7:53:27 PM)

quote:

The horse race refres to the aspect that trucks, leaders and horses do that magic dance to use up MP when playing AI....

Yes, this is annoying. On the other hand this is behaviour that sadly I have seen being used by AI in many a game.

quote:

Now this stuff with Matrix is a joke because they are a distributor of a game that another company developed....is there new technology that separates this game as fresh No...is it a refresh of a classic game...yes...do they have official company tech support for this user beta  No, do they have customer service with problems with their product No...

So the other alternative I have is to voice my opinions and concerns to a game that I purchased under the guise of a classic.

90% publishers publish something developed by somebody else. In this case it's a classic game, but it does not change much. I have not used tech support so have no idea about it quality (btw I always find forums a better way of solving problems) but indeed this is something that probably should be voiced outside this particular forum so that Matrix employees have a better chance of reading it.

marcbarker -> RE: Which was more stable Talonsoft or MCS (9/6/2008 8:13:48 PM)

I agree and I will....Huib I love what you did with the maps that my freind is great work, I understand you needing to take the burden off of jason but he is the one that claims ownership of that form of tech support and Matrix has not said officially one way or the other that he is the man...he is the moderator of the board and I respect that, We all use these games and enjoy them...Isn't it good though to see this much passion in a game? I wished avalon hill would not have went out of business but they did, Multiman Publishing bought the Rights to squad leader and they are flourishing because they get their consumer base. I do love this game and it is fun but the fun is taken out of it when restrictions on what can be done and not be done are implemented right when you buy without your knowledge....if I would have known this was going to be live open beta updates without true engine upgrading and mechanics and lock down the most important faction of the game I would have never bought it under those guidelines. If it would have said great game, open updates, no gurantees on mechanics, No additional enhancing of wepons, no adding vehicles, no adding countries, no tweaking the assault factors, no modding of loads, no modding of ranged fire for effect...that is a different story. The game was changed after the fact, no public pre-release fact sheet....so you see why I am adament about this.

There is many aspects about this game that can be tweaked but when a user funnels all those tweaks through a choke point something gets hosed...and it is usually the consumer....even in the talonsoft days, when an update occured you always made backups of what you did , installed the mod and then see what changed ...add your file structure back in and poof game done...

several other things I would like to see..map maker...bring the number size back.
add black sand as a terrain feature

fire for area effect in smoke barrage
are effect for barrage

and others...but I cannot even try to add this stuff because of the file lockdown

Deputy -> RE: Which was more stable Talonsoft or MCS (9/6/2008 8:16:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Huib

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrRoadrunner

Barker, my friend, I was quoting Huib. He seems to think that being part of the team allows him to tell posters when it is appropriate or how often they can post. Huib is neither an employee or moderator of the forum (at least the last time I checked).

When we are on the forums we can all say what concerns we have, as many times as we have to say them. Especially when those concerns seem to be ignored, unanswered, or belittled? The forum moderators have the tools to edit or delete content.
I think you and Duputy made some good points. I may not agree with all that you say or how you present it, but I will support your right to express your concerns and ideas.

RR

Ed,

As longs as I read these boards, I take everybody serious except you, Barker and Deputy. To me you 3 are users who have demonstrated they can't see things in proportion at all and have been so seriously overreacting in various posts that right now I'm not even interested anymore in trying to explain why things are done in a certain way. I was trying to take away some of the burden away from Jason who still does most of the explaining on the board, but some users
simply don't WANT to see other sides but their own. So I say to you, Barker and Deputy: move on and stop spamming the boards with your same ridiculous statements over and over.
I admire what Barker tried to made as scenario viewer. I wished he'd devoted his time and energy there instead of in complaining about minor things which are not helping JCTS and Matrix at all. The same goes for you Ed with your endless overreactions on 1.03 assault rules. You are free to express your opinion, but the way you did it? Shame on you.

/H

Gee...whata surprise there![8|] So what you are saying is you take everyone who agrees with you and the Matrix party line seriously. And everyone else you just dismiss as annoyances and "non-believers".
We "can't see things in proportion". Let me explain what that really means. It means that the big "proportion" goes to PBEM and Single Scenario Players, and the rest of us get the little slice of the pie and should just shut up and be happy with what we got. So we are expected to sing the praises of a game that is more broken now, for our use, then it was with 1.02b. Riiiiigggghtt.

You want a logical, reasonable suggestion instead of a complaint? Okay....no problemo. Here's one for you: Make the new hidden anti-tank guns and anti-tank artillery abilities a selectable option just like armor facing effects is. Presto! Problem solved! No more complaints from Barker and me. I won't even gripe about the "horse races" that Barker so aptly named. [:D]
Will it happen? Watch how many posts you see from fans of those two "features" claiming it's impossible and impractical, etc., etc.
And of course, we have already been told that no more patches till 2009 or 2010. So I guess Barker and the rest of us will be wagering on those horse races Matrix inherited from Talonsoft for at least one more year or more.

MrRoadrunner -> RE: Which was more stable Talonsoft or MCS (9/6/2008 9:39:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Huib
Ed,

/H

Herr Huib,

I respect your right to post what and when you want. But, you are not an authority here. You are a poster.
I will fight to the death to defend your right to express your opinion. But, will not tolerate your or anyone else "lording" over others for expressing their opinions.

Shame on me? Shame on anyone! Shame on you for thinking more of yourself then others.
I'd tell you to stuff your opinions where the sun does not shine, but, I am afraid it might get me modded, or worse, you may attempt to post some "cyber threat" that will be effective? I am just glad that I do not think as highly of you as you do yourself.

Funny how you accuse others of not seeing the "other side", when you are the other side and expect everyone to accept your side.
And, for information, I have not posted here for quite a while. If you read where I have complained about the 1.03 assault rules since my return I may consider your complaint. But, you want to paint with such a broad brush to make you feel powerful?

You and I both know that the version 1.03 assault rules were an abortion and admitted to by others as such. If they weren't then why change them?

Now, in closing, I've heard your complaint more than once. That other's like Barker and Deputy have not been satisfactorily answered and that they keep posting will be up to them and not you. Their concerns were for their DCG's and the encryption of certain code. They were not given answers at first and then answers that they felt were unacceptable.
As for you "issues" you personally may have with any of my posts, stuff it or set me to ignore in your personal preferences. I will not sit quiet to read your attacks against others like you own the game and the company. You are just a poster and as such I will respond to you that way.

RR

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI