Forum Password Query... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Hanal -> Forum Password Query... (8/12/2008 11:43:47 AM)

OK, here is my problem....

1. I have two pc's which I have this forum on..
2. My notebook however was under an old dial-up service which I cancelled...
3. My main account information had the old dialup addy on it...
4. My password is not working to register my account name on my notebook...
5. On my pc, which is registered, I changed my email addy in the accounts section...
6. Going back to my notebook I tried using the forgot password feature but no email
arrived....

So I am currently registered on my home pc but it appears I have no access to my account because I originally opened it with another, now defunct, email address. Even changing my address in my account section on my pc seems not to be working, because I just sent an email to a forum member, and though I clicked on "send me a copy", no copy arrived.

I need to find a way to retrieve my password so that I can register my account on my notebook and figure out why my changed email addy is not working....

thanks

wworld7 -> RE: Forum Password Query... (8/12/2008 1:45:34 PM)

Did you try creating a new login? (J P Falcon2)

It has to be easier than trying to recover a password on a no longer used email system.

Hanal -> RE: Forum Password Query... (8/12/2008 2:58:20 PM)

I'll do that if there is no easy option.....thanks

Marc von Martial -> RE: Forum Password Query... (8/13/2008 6:37:47 AM)

drop me a PM

joycee -> RE: Forum Password Query... (8/26/2008 6:17:43 AM)

Is there no option for password recovery?

sterckxe -> RE: Forum Password Query... (8/26/2008 7:41:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: joycee
Is there no option for password recovery?

Yes, you copy & paste it from the file where you saved your password. You did save it, right ? [;)]

For audit and security reasons most modern databases and applications won't let anyone, even the sysadmin, see the currently used password. All the admin functions allow is to set it to something new. We've got one system @work where even that is not possible - if someone forgets his password, we'll have to create a new user in the system - a PITA, but the auditors just love it.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI