What is the Official Matrix version of support (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support

marcbarker -> What is the Official Matrix version of support (8/14/2008 6:24:19 PM)

What version of this software does Matrix as a company support?

marcbarker -> RE: What is the Official Matrix version of support (8/14/2008 6:28:29 PM)

I bought this game because it was Matrix and the support structure it offers. Now I am told this has limited support. Why did I waste my money on false advertisments.

Deputy -> RE: What is the Official Matrix version of support (8/29/2008 11:25:58 PM)

It's a very strange situation. From the sound of things, Matrix is only SELLING the game. The patches are being done independantly of Matrix by Jason and a crew of part-time modders. The current patch that has support is 1.03. Next week it will probably switch to 1.04 because of the many problems encountered in 1.03. Honestly, when Talonsoft had the game there wasn't anywhere near the support that it has now. Unfortunately, both the new patches are being met with mixed emotions. Personally, I would rather see them work on the bugs in the game that have existed since Talonsoft's day, rather than come out with questionable changes just to please a few users.

marcbarker -> RE: What is the Official Matrix version of support (9/5/2008 4:34:30 AM)

True I agree on that point....if they truely want to market a good product get the core engine right then add in....

Deputy -> RE: What is the Official Matrix version of support (9/7/2008 1:36:52 AM)

IBTL.

marcbarker -> RE: What is the Official Matrix version of support (9/7/2008 1:55:05 AM)

See where the other thread got locked what is Matrix poisition....hmmmcuriosu about that....user locking up an open thread on Matrix Official questions....

Mr. Guberman -> RE: What is the Official Matrix version of support (9/7/2008 3:02:52 AM)

...dum de dum...

1.04 beta...

Cheers

Curt

Deputy -> RE: What is the Official Matrix version of support (9/7/2008 4:42:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: barker

See where the other thread got locked what is Matrix poisition....hmmmcuriosu about that....user locking up an open thread on Matrix Official questions....

Yep...my post above IBTL stands for In Before The Lock. I don't doubt this thread will get locked too. BTW...the chances of me buying any future game from Matrix are dropping rapidly. If they can't fix bugs left over from the earliest version of East Front, why would I invest big $$ in another game that could have the same problems. And this game is still selling for $35-$45. That ain't cheap by any stretch!!!![X(]

marcbarker -> RE: What is the Official Matrix version of support (9/9/2008 12:10:16 AM)

you can get it on ebay....buit you know something the better engine that has fewer problems from the same company Battleground series.....I still play Bulge BG:2 i believe....I wonder if they looked at the mechanics on that with assault rules etc....there was a ton of options you clicked if you wanted to play with them

Jay Townsend -> RE: What is the Official Matrix version of support (10/11/2008 4:48:37 AM)

I just purchased this game: Campaign Series but I don't find any Japanese vs Russian scenarios? I thought this new version had them or am I missing something?

marcbarker -> RE: What is the Official Matrix version of support (10/11/2008 5:45:29 AM)

You have to run the rising sun game for jap and east front for russkies

Jason Petho -> RE: What is the Official Matrix version of support (10/11/2008 6:06:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jay Townsend

I just purchased this game: Campaign Series but I don't find any Japanese vs Russian scenarios? I thought this new version had them or am I missing something?

While you can play the Japanese vs Russians in Rising Sun, there have not been any Japanese vs Russian scenarios designed yet.

They are coming and will be included in 1.05 when it is released.

Rising Sun will be substantially updated.

Jason Petho

Jay Townsend -> RE: What is the Official Matrix version of support (10/11/2008 4:51:39 PM)

Thanks Jason for the update. I still don't see how I have the option to play the Japanese against Russian but I'll wait for the 1.5 update, as there is enough to replay here.

1925frank -> RE: What is the Official Matrix version of support (10/11/2008 5:00:45 PM)

At this point, you'd have to create your own scenario with the editors.  That can be a lot of fun too.

It's also possible someone already has created a Soviet/Japanese scenario at the Blitz or some other site.  If someone has, at some point somebody will probably pop up here and direct you to it, and then you can download it, so don't give up hope yet.  

scottintacoma -> RE: What is the Official Matrix version of support (10/11/2008 8:50:53 PM)

When you are entering Rising Sun, use the Generate Battle button. You should be able to generate a Generic Japan Vc Russia battle.

junk2drive -> RE: What is the Official Matrix version of support (10/11/2008 9:51:07 PM)

I tried that. Only choice in 1939-40 is Japan vs USA or Brits. Russian Allied must only be post 1945.

1925frank -> RE: What is the Official Matrix version of support (10/11/2008 10:20:16 PM)

I thought the "Generate Battle" button worked only for the original countries in Talonsoft's CS.  My understanding is the "Generate Battle" button doesn't work with the countries added by Matrix.  I would hope the OOB for the Soviets would go back to '39, but I haven't checked.

junk2drive -> RE: What is the Official Matrix version of support (10/11/2008 10:37:56 PM)

In the OOB editor I set the date at Aug 1939 and the Russians and Soviets have lots of units for 36-45. Even Far East/ Nomonhan sets.

1925frank -> RE: What is the Official Matrix version of support (10/12/2008 1:47:09 AM)

Junk2drive, thanks for checking.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI