Bug and annoyances in 1.20beta (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory

Samichlaus -> Bug and annoyances in 1.20beta (8/16/2008 2:32:01 PM)

Just in brief a bug I encountered and some annoyances in 1.20beta
1. Malta bug. The AI doesn't seem to recognize when Malta has changed possession. After my conquest of Malta (as axis of course...) the game still told me, that my forces in Africa were not getting full supplies due to Malta. This needs urgent correction.
2. I cannot play as Vichy. After Vichy joined me (axis) I wasn't able to play it as human player because there is no option for this at start.
3. Apart from some lousy airplanes, the AI friendly countries never helped me invading Great Britain as they did with my conquest of Russia.
4. The AI friendly countries do silly things. They f.e. surround an enemy city which due to their weakness they are hardly ever able to capture. But still worse, due to their surrounding I cannot reach the hex with my human controlled units. So in fact, they hinder me instead of helping.
5. Interface. I hate the naval boxes. And I find it a tedious work handling all the naval action. I prefer to move on sea hexes with my naval units. And I don't like the convoy feature. I would like to see oversea supply being simulated automatically. I hate to create convoys just to supply my airforce in Cagliari, for example. I also cannot see, why Italy has to send it's land units via two naval boxes, when sending transports to Tobruk.

But all in all I like the game and with some improvements it could be a hit.
Samichlaus[;)]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Bug and annoyances in 1.20beta (8/16/2008 3:02:56 PM)

Was this with v1.20 or v1.201?

JMass -> RE: Bug and annoyances in 1.20beta (8/16/2008 3:14:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Samichlaus
1. Malta bug. The AI doesn't seem to recognize when Malta has changed possession. After my conquest of Malta (as axis of course...) the game still told me, that my forces in Africa were not getting full supplies due to Malta. This needs urgent correction.

I seen the same in my game (1.201 beta).

Samichlaus -> RE: Bug and annoyances in 1.20beta (8/16/2008 4:36:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Was this with v1.20 or v1.201?

with v1.20beta

doomtrader -> RE: Bug and annoyances in 1.20beta (8/16/2008 6:46:02 PM)

Found a bug causing #1 - there was no entry declaring that malta must be possesed by allies.

winky51 -> RE: Bug and annoyances in 1.20beta (8/16/2008 7:46:46 PM)

I think the movement of fleets, naval boxes, and convoy system are as simple as it can get while allowing a player to maintain control.

As for Trobuk it was an important supply port for the african war.  Its probably on the other sea zone to represent the possibility of British interception.  Fine for me.  Also you don't have to send supplies there tripoli will work just as fine.

Samichlaus -> RE: Bug and annoyances in 1.20beta (8/17/2008 12:50:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Found a bug causing #1 - there was no entry declaring that malta must be possesed by allies.

Great, this will certainly be corrected in the next patch. Another annoyance: it bothers me, that I cannot attack simultaneously with my german AND my italian (or other minor allied) units. I don't even complain about not being able to do combined attacks, I just like to be able to do an attack in a whole and not to wait until the allied country takes its turn.
Samichlaus[;)]

doomtrader -> RE: Bug and annoyances in 1.20beta (8/17/2008 1:06:18 PM)

this one could not be repaired as the issue comes from the game design

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI