AA vs aircrafts. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

halstein -> AA vs aircrafts. (10/6/2000 5:45:00 AM)

I have played some battles in SPWaW, and gets the impression that, as soon as a plane appears, it get shoot out of the sky. Is it just bad luck, or have the AA gotten better? Earlier it seldom hit any planes. Now it alway seems to hit.

jsaurman -> (10/6/2000 7:15:00 AM)

I think it is just luck of the draw. I play scenerios where my planes never get touched, and then I play others where they all go down in flames the very first turn I use them. Just is bad luck I think. Depends also on what type of AA is coming up at them. If it is German 88mm fire, one hit can trash most planes, however small arms fire can hit again and again and not make much of an impact. Don't worry about it and just keep plugging along. JIM

halstein -> (10/6/2000 9:30:00 AM)

It has worked both ways. Somtimes it has been my planes that have been toasted. Other times it has been the AI's. I haven't used aircrafts that much. They have their uses, but I find them rather expensive. I have also been a bit suspicious about them, since SP1, when the German (AI) Stukas, turned a battle in my favor, by bombing his Panzer. So better AA, is nothing I would lament, because I don't use planes that often. ------------------ Halstein

Toey -> (10/6/2000 9:41:00 AM)

In one as Germans V Russians, I shot down three planes in the first turn and one for the next 15 turns. Also mixed luck with my own bombing runs. That' what makes it interesting - not really knowing what's going to happen!

victorhauser -> (10/6/2000 12:01:00 PM)

I've also noticed that AA units still do not get kill credit when they shoot down a plane. Sigh.

Charles22 -> (10/6/2000 8:48:00 PM)

It might help if you selected a better flight path for the plane. I believe it defaults to starting on the opponent's side, so that it usually gets walloped by the AI's back AA before it gets to the target. I know I use air infrequently enough, that at least half of the time I forget to select the flight path. It doesn't help any that when you decide to have that mini-map show the flight paths, that it goes back into the hidden mode should you reenter the bombardment screen again, be that in the same game or one down the line.

Nikademus -> (10/6/2000 9:11:00 PM)

its interesting, I keep seeing this question pop up continuously but i've yet to experience it. In all the scenerio's i've played so far i've only managed to down one or maybe two planes to AA fire so i can only conclude (so far) that AA is'nt terribly skewed in favor of the ground pounders.

halstein -> (10/7/2000 1:04:00 AM)

Have done some experimenting with flight-paths, and it seems that not flying directly above the AA helps a lot. I have also found, that hiding behind the terrain helps a lot. But I still feels that the AA are better than older SP-games. Probably just me. ------------------ Halstein

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI