Patch 1.04 Issues (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

hubertkj -> Patch 1.04 Issues (8/24/2008 7:49:26 PM)

Hi everyone:

I am new to the forum. I just Downloaded 1.04 Beta and wanted to report the following issue:

I am playing the "And we shall Stand" scenario between Germany and Norway. The German Bicycles sound like helicopters.

Thank you for everything.

Jason Petho -> RE: Patch 1.04 Issues (8/24/2008 8:14:58 PM)

They must have put hockey cards in the spokes!

*laughs*

Thanks for the heads up.

Jason Petho

hubertkj -> RE: Patch 1.04 Issues (8/24/2008 8:15:58 PM)

Thank you Jason!

sfinlay -> RE: Patch 1.04 Issues (8/25/2008 2:17:35 PM)

Just curious, but if Arkadys Unit Viewer shows the correct movement file for German bicycles in West Front (as it does) where does the wrong sound file come from ?

andym -> RE: Patch 1.04 Issues (8/25/2008 6:21:28 PM)

Thas the new V weapon the Hubscraubenfahrrad!

Huib -> RE: Patch 1.04 Issues (8/25/2008 8:17:25 PM)

Bicycles don't make any sounds actually, unless they're very rusty or without tyres.

Warhorse -> RE: Patch 1.04 Issues (8/26/2008 12:57:21 AM)

I'm not positive, but I think this is the problem. Open your WF directory, look for 11movement0.ogg, if there is a 11movement0.wav, remove it, problem solved! I think this is what I did, I don't have a wav file, does your install? I think the program will play a wav before a .ogg file if available!!

Mike

Achsah -> RE: Patch 1.04 Issues (8/26/2008 7:43:06 AM)

might be a direct x issue

sfinlay -> RE: Patch 1.04 Issues (8/26/2008 9:04:07 AM)

Thanks Mike. That did the trick. I wonder how those helicopters managed to sneak under the radar ?  Must be stealth copters.

Warhorse -> RE: Patch 1.04 Issues (8/26/2008 4:40:45 PM)

Glad to help, gotta watch those sneaky SOB's!!

Mike

1925frank -> RE: Patch 1.04 Issues (8/27/2008 6:23:41 PM)

This is the only Patch 1.04 issue I've seen posted, and this one is minor.  This looks very encouraging.

Any word on when the official Patch 1.04 will be released?

I haven't downloaded the beta yet.  I'm looking forward to reading the file on assaults.  My impression is that everyone will be moving on to the new assault rules.  My limited impression was surrounding a unit played a significant role.

I haven't read anything on the variable visibility, other than it's now optional.  Is there still the 5/15 floor and ceiling, or was that eliminated?  Are there parameters beyond which the variabilities won't change, or were the chances of change simply reduced?

wespe -> RE: Patch 1.04 Issues (8/27/2008 8:19:47 PM)

Hi together,
I create a EF Szenario on 1.03. It`s very large and i want to use the variable visibility Modus. After patching with 1.04 beta, I edit the scenario into a variable one. But the Change Day to Night is after turn 9 - not after turn 6 (rules - see down under this thread). Where is the mistake ?? I don`t want a "too long night" but i defenitly wants to use the "variable visibility".
Thanks for help

Dusk-Night:
This is a special setting that allows the visibility to change after 6 turns from a day scenario to a night scenario. There is a percentage chance that night will appear on turn 6, and continue to attempt to change to night at the beginning of each turn until successful.
Dawn-Day:
This is a special setting that allows the visibility to change after 6 turns from a night scenario to a day scenario. Night must be checked in order for this to work. There is a percentage chance that day will break on turn 6, and continue to attempt to change to day at the beginning of each turn until successful.

Jason Petho -> RE: Patch 1.04 Issues (8/27/2008 9:20:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wespe

There is a percentage chance that night will appear on turn 6, and continue to attempt to change to night at the beginning of each turn until successful.

As it states, there is a percentage chance that night will appear on turn 6, and if failing, will try at the start of each turn thereafter until successful.

In one test it took until turn 14 to change, in another it changed on turn 6.

Jason Petho

Fierce -> RE: Patch 1.04 Issues (8/28/2008 3:25:03 AM)

???
I don't understand, how is night fall and day break variable? Oops, the sun missed its rising, maybe it'll hop over the horizon on its second try.

F

steelrain60 -> RE: Patch 1.04 Issues (8/28/2008 3:56:47 AM)

Noticed that when I scroll over the screen I get bright flashes before the picture re-appears. Is this a screen resolution issue?

cpdeyoung -> RE: Patch 1.04 Issues (8/28/2008 5:04:15 AM)

Steelrain60,

If you are running Vista, goto the properties of the link (shortcut) you launch from and check the "Disable desktop composition" in the "Compatibility" tab.  Much more on this subject can be found by searching on "Vista" and "flashing".

Chuck

wespe -> Night/Day (8/28/2008 11:56:56 AM)

OK - I understand, but now here is my next problem: i want to simulate 4 Days/Nights, but in the scenario there is ONLY one change between Day/Night ! Is ist possible to simulate more then one changes in one scenario automaticly ?

MartNick -> RE: Night/Day (8/28/2008 3:18:30 PM)

Wespe I don't think you can do that yet. But I think this type of update will transform the Campaign Series scenarios/campaigns.

Jason Petho -> RE: Night/Day (8/28/2008 3:26:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MartNick

Wespe I don't think you can do that yet.

That is correct.

Jason Petho

TAIL GUNNER -> RE: Night/Day (3/4/2014 1:44:17 AM)

This anomaly is still present in only WF with the 2.0 update.

Just delete the 11movement0.wav file and bicycles will sound fine.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI