Playbooks (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

Breeze -> Playbooks (8/29/2008 7:13:29 PM)

I'm starting an online league soon, and my owners are definitely not going to want to be bothered with lots of specifics as far as plays and playbooks. Quite frankly, neither am I.

So I need some good "out of the box" playbooks to use. We'll be using American rules, and I'd think we'd want the traditional options (3-4 vs. 4-3 defense, various offenses). Can anyone recommend some good idiot-proof playbooks?

Mykal -> RE: Playbooks (8/29/2008 9:55:30 PM)

Hacks playbooks are about the best for american rules
download his from FBMax.com

Breeze -> RE: Playbooks (8/30/2008 12:49:17 AM)

What's the difference between versions 1, 2, and 3?

hack153 -> RE: Playbooks (8/30/2008 1:23:08 AM)

three is the latest version.  the higher the version, the more current, the more plays, and playbooks added.

BCtheQB -> RE: Playbooks (8/30/2008 2:23:30 AM)

when does your league kickoff, I may be able to offer your some variety
do you have a link to your league?

Scott_WAR -> RE: Playbooks (8/30/2008 5:27:19 AM)

http://fbmax.com/uploads/Winnipeg-MLF.zip

These are the plays I used in the MLF. They are made to win, not look pretty, so some may be a little unorthodox,...but I did my best to make sure they are 'legal' plays,.according to NFL rules. 

therhino -> RE: Playbooks (8/31/2008 3:39:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR

These are the plays I used in the MLF. They are made to win, not look pretty, so some may be a little unorthodox,...but I did my best to make sure they are 'legal' plays,.according to NFL rules. 

I tried your plays and wow that was fun lol. I hadn't seen that playbook before so I am glad I tried it. It could use some improving, but if you want to win big that is a great playbook.

dreamtheatervt -> RE: Playbooks (8/31/2008 4:04:41 AM)

I have a personal bias, but I think my pro-style playbook is effective and varied, and it got some positive reviews from other members.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1819940

Breeze -> RE: Playbooks (8/31/2008 4:16:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR

Thanks! The only ones I saw that wouldn't be legal in the NFL are your power sweep play, easy rider, and the 2-back trip play. But some of them definitely look interesting...I'll have to take them for a spin.

Breeze -> RE: Playbooks (8/31/2008 4:16:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hack153

three is the latest version.  the higher the version, the more current, the more plays, and playbooks added.

Hack, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

therhino -> RE: Playbooks (8/31/2008 4:18:56 AM)

DTVT, I normally use your playbook, but just thought it was fun to use some AI busting plays for a game.

dreamtheatervt -> RE: Playbooks (8/31/2008 4:31:15 AM)

I didn't take any offense to your post Rhino, I don't expect anyone to use my playbooks exclusively, including myself.

Mykal -> RE: Playbooks (8/31/2008 12:12:26 PM)

Well I'd love the chance to use other's playbooks to see what they do with them that I dont
but so few people seem to offer up Canadian playbooks [:(]

DAWUSS -> RE: Playbooks (8/31/2008 1:49:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mykal

Well I'd love the chance to use other's playbooks to see what they do with them that I dont
but so few people seem to offer up Canadian playbooks [:(]

I have 2 formations down so far for a Canadian playbook (Singleback 4 Wide and Shotgun 6 WR). Sometimes the toughest thing is trying to figure out what to do with the 12th man...

Mykal -> RE: Playbooks (8/31/2008 2:44:46 PM)

Well I have a few playbooks already
2 downloaded from FBMax cant remember who made them, but they know who they are
the original default playbook and one sent to me by Brockleigh.

I've done a little tweaking with each but nothing major
I just dont get the time to do loads of playbooks myself
I'd much rather spend my free time on graphics which is after all where my talents are
I certainly dont claim to be Jack Del Rio or nothing on creating playbooks

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI