Wrong Eqp file on fresh install + last patch? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support

E -> Wrong Eqp file on fresh install + last patch? (8/31/2008 11:49:57 AM)

Note: Haven't touch the game in a year and a half (and didn't much before that). So I finally have a little time on my hands and tried playing a bit.

I did a complete/clean fresh install and applied the last patch (that's supposed to be comprehensive) and am getting the Wrong Eqp File error message. So far it's cropped up on both Civil War scenarios and the Waterloo scenario.

A search of the forum said to try loading and saving the scenarios after a restart. Didn't quite work... it fixed the error for the civil war scenarios but not Waterloo. A quick look at a couple units in Waterloo and there is an error I believe. I'm not much of a Napoleonics expert, but I'm pretty sure they didn't tote anti-armor guns much.

One thread said you have to restart TOAWIII if you use a modified eqp file. Is there an easy way to tell you've done so from within the game? (ie. short of digging in graphics & scenario directories to ensure no addon eqp file is coming into play).

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Wrong Eqp file on fresh install + last patch? (9/4/2008 11:39:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: E

Note: Haven't touch the game in a year and a half (and didn't much before that). So I finally have a little time on my hands and tried playing a bit.

I did a complete/clean fresh install and applied the last patch (that's supposed to be comprehensive) and am getting the Wrong Eqp File error message. So far it's cropped up on both Civil War scenarios and the Waterloo scenario.

A search of the forum said to try loading and saving the scenarios after a restart. Didn't quite work... it fixed the error for the civil war scenarios but not Waterloo. A quick look at a couple units in Waterloo and there is an error I believe. I'm not much of a Napoleonics expert, but I'm pretty sure they didn't tote anti-armor guns much.

One thread said you have to restart TOAWIII if you use a modified eqp file. Is there an easy way to tell you've done so from within the game? (ie. short of digging in graphics & scenario directories to ensure no addon eqp file is coming into play).

Check to see that your "Graphics" subfolder contains the "Waterloo 1815" subfolder, and that that subfolder contains the "Waterloo 1815.eqp" file. If they're missing, then check the version number for TOAW you've updated to (use the "About TOAW" pull down) to be sure it's the latest.

However, if you resaved the scenario in the editor, then it may no longer be using that .eqp file. That wasn't good advice, and you might have to reinstall.

There is a bug with the system in that if you've loaded a scenario that uses a modified .eqp file, and then load another scenario that doesn't use one, the .eqp file will still be in use by that second scenario - generating the error message. Until that's fixed with a patch, it's safest to restart TOAW each time you load a new scenario.

E -> RE: Wrong Eqp file on fresh install + last patch? (9/4/2008 4:47:12 PM)

No Waterloo graphics subdirectory. Version is 3.2.29.27... Should I assume the last patch was not comprehensive, and if so, any idea which patch I'm missing? (as mentioned, I just did a fresh install and then only the last patch... no modifications or add on scnearios, etc)

E -> RE: Wrong Eqp file on fresh install + last patch? (9/4/2008 6:05:38 PM)

Problem fixed! I re-reinstalled and then patched sequentially. Seems the patches are not comprehensive, in spite of their descriptions to the contrary. Thanks for the response!

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Wrong Eqp file on fresh install + last patch? (9/5/2008 12:12:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: E

Problem fixed! I re-reinstalled and then patched sequentially. Seems the patches are not comprehensive, in spite of their descriptions to the contrary. Thanks for the response!

Hmm. It should have been comprehensive. I guess we bungled something somewhere.

If you're interested in the Waterloo 1815 scenario, you might want to look at my AAR on it here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1567752

E -> RE: Wrong Eqp file on fresh install + last patch? (9/5/2008 4:10:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay
Hmm. It should have been comprehensive. I guess we bungled something somewhere.

It wasn't badly bungled... from the looks of it, only the Waterloo eqp file didn't make it in! *grin*

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay
If you're interested in the Waterloo 1815 scenario, you might want to look at my AAR on it here:

Interesting! I am completely baffled by Napoleonics, although it was VERY popular around here when I was young. But I watched the Sharpe's series of movies and the (BIG) 70'ish Waterloo movie this summer and got a bit more interested in it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI