RE: Max FB Database Editor (v 2.2.7.0) BETA 1 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> 3rd Party Developers Area

simmer -> RE: Max FB Database Editor (v 2.2.7.0) BETA 1 (9/8/2008 9:49:28 PM)

I would like to see a schedule editor as well.

jdhalfrack -> RE: Max FB Database Editor (v 2.2.7.0) BETA 1 (9/8/2008 9:57:44 PM)

quote:

1. Kick off from - always resets itself to goaline
2. fatigue and injuries - always resets to not checked

These reset within the editor? OR they reset in the game after you've changed then within the editor?

quote:

I would like to see a schedule editor as well.

This is in the works, my friend!

JD

simmer -> RE: Max FB Database Editor (v 2.2.7.0) BETA 1 (9/8/2008 10:01:06 PM)

thanks

Mykal -> RE: Max FB Database Editor (v 2.2.7.0) BETA 1 (9/8/2008 10:04:29 PM)

as far as I can tell JD

they dont work, they dont seem to change anything when you change them
and then when you load up the editor again, they are back to - goal line and fatague and injiries unchecked

EDIT - re-checked and made some different selections,
I was right, they dont work at all, no matter what you select they dont change in the DB.

rcleslie -> RE: Max FB Database Editor (v 2.2.7.0) BETA 1 (9/8/2008 10:06:53 PM)

JD,
Glad to see the 2.2.7.0 in Beta. I wish I were more of a programmer person and could be of some help. I fear I must wait for the "pros" to do their work. I do have some questions, however: does the fact that I have used the 1.7.0 version with no glitches indicate that my computer has any of the .NET Framework files installed? What are these files? When I download them do you have a suggestion about where they should be located? I may still download 2.2.7.0 (after backing up my league file), but am a bit fearful of messing up a season I just started. I did create a couple of test leagues while working with the earlier version. I could make use of those. Does that make sense? I'm not sure how much I need to back-up to be safe and sound. Thx for your good work and any advice. Oh yes, congrats on your third star!

jdhalfrack -> RE: Max FB Database Editor (v 2.2.7.0) BETA 1 (9/9/2008 12:01:23 AM)

quote:

does the fact that I have used the 1.7.0 version with no glitches indicate that my computer has any of the .NET Framework files installed? What are these files? When I download them do you have a suggestion about where they should be located?

No. In fact, that is a very good question, though. The best way to check what .NET frameworks you have installed is to go to Add/Remove programs and check the list.

If you need them, I believe they are available from Microsoft for free. You install them into whatever directory it basically tells you to. The files contain libraries and dlls and stuff like that that enable programmers to make/release programs with more efficient code and more basic functions, etc...

quote:

1. Kick off from - always resets itself to goaline
2. fatigue and injuries - always resets to not checked

Back to this again... are you remembering to "Temp Save" your league settings before saving the file? I discovered the issue with the kick off from problem and it has been fixed, but I see no issues with the two check boxes...

JD

Hampe -> RE: Max FB Database Editor (v 2.2.7.0) BETA 1 (10/21/2008 10:32:14 AM)

I get a similar error to bbmike, but when I click continue it doesn't lock up.  I haven't had very much time to mess with it yet though.  I was mostly interested in seeing the players OVR ratings.

I couldn't get the 1.7 version to work though....kept saying some mxfb?????.ocx wasn't registered.

Mykal -> RE: Max FB Database Editor (v 2.2.7.0) BETA 1 (10/21/2008 1:26:14 PM)

You can sort that problem
this site will update your library for you if you use the link
rather than downloading the file and trying to do it manually

http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/support_dll.phtml?dllname=Msflxgrd.ocx

I had the same trouble with JD's 1.7 editor
til I updated the library from this site

Hampe -> RE: Max FB Database Editor (v 2.2.7.0) BETA 1 (10/21/2008 2:28:31 PM)

Cool thanks.  Today I've been using the 2.2.  Creating players is so much faster if you don't have to reach for the mouse for every attribute :).

Some issues I noticed though:

- When the "Automatically "temp save" players" checkbox is checked, I can't edit the ratings for the players.

- and...uh, well....I seem to remember seeing another issue, but I can't remember what it was right now.  So only one issue to report then.

Mykal -> RE: Max FB Database Editor (v 2.2.7.0) BETA 1 (10/21/2008 2:39:43 PM)

2.2.7.0 is only a beta

its far from finished and does have a few issues
JD will get round to finishing it eventually
but we'll have to be patient, life hasn't smiled on him much of late
I'm sure he'll get back on it at some point

EDIT - I'd stick to 1.7 for now its more complete
apart from the crash after you've saved your work to the DB
which is actually no problem because it saves first then crashes, so no harm done.

jdhalfrack -> RE: Max FB Database Editor (v 2.2.7.0) BETA 1 (10/21/2008 7:34:43 PM)

quote:

2.2.7.0 is only a beta

its far from finished and does have a few issues
JD will get round to finishing it eventually
but we'll have to be patient, life hasn't smiled on him much of late
I'm sure he'll get back on it at some point

Yeah, I really need to get back into this. I keep getting distracted (whether I have wanted to be or not...). Sorry!

JD

Marauders -> RE: Max FB Database Editor (v 2.2.7.0) BETA 1 (10/21/2008 9:06:49 PM)

JD, as I told David many times, family is first, job is next, and then Maximum Football.

While I am sure there are community members waiting for an update, we understand if it isn't a priority at this time.

Mykal -> RE: Max FB Database Editor (v 2.2.7.0) BETA 1 (10/21/2008 11:13:57 PM)

quote:

Yeah, I really need to get back into this. I keep getting distracted (whether I have wanted to be or not...). Sorry!

JD

No Worries Man, certainly wasnt attempting to rush you,
just explaining to a new member........... we'll have to wait

When time permits and when it suits you - is more than quick enough for me Brother.

Tullius -> RE: Max FB Database Editor (v 2.2.7.0) BETA 1 (11/29/2008 1:35:23 PM)

It would be a good idea to add the option to retire all players of a special positon. When you create a league MF will add big numbers of TE and SB although in most cases you will use only TE or SB. This will happen every year again when the draft pool is created.

An other nice option would be to delete all players which meet the following criterias: retired, no games played and TeamID = 0. So you can prevent that the player file will become too big and slows down the programm. I think that perhaps no more than 10% of all players were or are "live".

Mykal -> RE: Max FB Database Editor (v 2.2.7.0) BETA 1 (11/29/2008 3:42:28 PM)

I agree, keeping the player base to a minimum is a good idea
I'm sure JD's old editor (1.7.0) actually did that exact thing Tillius
so if you wanted to do it now, you could use the old one for now. [:)]

Tullius -> RE: Max FB Database Editor (v 2.2.7.0) BETA 1 (11/29/2008 3:58:04 PM)

Oh, i have seen it now. You can at least delete all players of a certain position.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI