Hex control revisited (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory

Mickrocks201 -> Hex control revisited (9/8/2008 1:43:51 AM)

I can see that control of a hex is derived from who controlled the hex that the unit moved from - but with all of Army Group South moving from Romania the Romanians get control of all the Ukrainian cities which in economic game terms is a bad investment since those PP's can buy better German units than Romanian.

I got around this by running motorized units from originally German control hexes thru Russian controlled hexes in front of my Romanian controlled hexes so the unit moving from THEM will be baptized German before taking other hexes. Seems pretty silly to be forcing me to do this, but if I want the points to go to Germany then that's what I have to do.

One other way is to drop a German para into Russian territory (even if it started in Romanian territory) to get the hex in German control and then move units thru that hex.

This whole hex/city control aspect seen unrealistic - there was no way the Germans were going to allow Romanian or Hungarian control of Kiev (or whatever it is called in the game)

doomtrader -> RE: Hex control revisited (9/8/2008 9:42:55 AM)

This is how the game was designed and It can't be changed.

The only solution that came to my mind is a bunch of events for Germany and Romania.

James Ward -> RE: Hex control revisited (9/8/2008 4:22:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mickrocks

I can see that control of a hex is derived from who controlled the hex that the unit moved from - but with all of Army Group South moving from Romania the Romanians get control of all the Ukrainian cities which in economic game terms is a bad investment since those PP's can buy better German units than Romanian.

I got around this by running motorized units from originally German control hexes thru Russian controlled hexes in front of my Romanian controlled hexes so the unit moving from THEM will be baptized German before taking other hexes. Seems pretty silly to be forcing me to do this, but if I want the points to go to Germany then that's what I have to do.

One other way is to drop a German para into Russian territory (even if it started in Romanian territory) to get the hex in German control and then move units thru that hex.

This whole hex/city control aspect seen unrealistic - there was no way the Germans were going to allow Romanian or Hungarian control of Kiev (or whatever it is called in the game)

If the Russians evacuate their industry then there aren't many PP to be had close to the border so there isn't much reason to put a lot of Germans in Romania. That's why you have Italians :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI