problems upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Darren -> problems upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1 (10/7/2000 9:37:00 AM)

I am trying to upgrade form spwaw 4.0 to 4.1 and am getting a request to insert disk 2 and its looking for a file spwawv41upgrade.2 Any help would be appreciated

Tankhead -> (10/7/2000 11:23:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Darren: I am trying to upgrade form spwaw 4.0 to 4.1 and am getting a request to insert disk 2 and its looking for a file spwawv41upgrade.2 Any help would be appreciated
Hi Darren! Sound like a corrupt download. Maybe Paul has a better answer. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Wild Bill -> (10/7/2000 11:24:00 AM)

Darren, you evidently did not get the complete download. It is looking for data that did not get downloaded. You'll have to try again. Be sure and use a good download program like Getright to make sure you get it all. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

ENO -> (10/7/2000 2:27:00 PM)

Well. I cannot download this patch too - the matrixgames download server is currently down and its speed too slow - BUT the version which is placed on gamesdomain HAS A REDUCED 30.3 MB NOR 31.2 MB!!! This why the error with disk II !! Please, ask the gamesdomain server for uploading not corrupted version of the patch!

Willie -> (10/7/2000 11:49:00 PM)

I found the same thing happened to me last night, although, when I ran the program it indicated that I had Version 4.1. I went ahead and installed version 4.2 and it installed fine. I'm not sure why it asked for the disk when I installed 4.1? it still seems to have been installed onto my system OK.

ENO -> (10/8/2000 12:26:00 AM)

Well... 7 hours of non corrupted download finished... Now all is fine... With the corrupted version the game seems to work in normal way, whenever I have not tested it a lot (one file may be damaged)

Rob M -> (10/8/2000 12:43:00 AM)

I too have the same issue - and downloaded with GetRight - it listed as complete when downloaded from Games Domain. Is indeed their file corrupt?

ENO -> (10/8/2000 2:04:00 AM)

Sounds like so - just compare the sizes of the Gamesdomain and Matrix versions...

Rob M -> (10/8/2000 2:59:00 AM)

It Is Indeed So - Using GetRight (Highly recommended free download) I verified that the Games Domain file lists as complete - but when I continued the download from the Matrix Site - I picked up an additional .8mb - since using GetRight it took 10 min. additional - my advice get GetRight and re-download from the Matrix site - it will prompt you to overwrite or continue your 4.1 file - choose continue!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI