Adding Positions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> 3rd Party Developers Area

mbsports -> Adding Positions (9/13/2008 7:20:32 PM)

Good Afternoon,

I'm embarking on trying to add the OT, OG, DE, DT positions and things like that. Does anyone have any research that they've done already on it?

I want to see if this is at all possible and if so would love to get it in the hands of the community.

Thanks,

Mb

garysorrell -> RE: Adding Positions (9/13/2008 8:08:37 PM)

I cant speak to whether it's possible or not, but since David had to change code to make the game use the position changes that he made from pre 2.0 to 2.0, I imagine the AI wouldnt know what to do with it. But im just guessing, I have no idea.

Tullius -> RE: Adding Positions (9/13/2008 9:00:55 PM)

It is possible but you can not do it "in game". You can not simply edit the league database and insert a new row, i think that then structure is changed and the AI can not read it. IMO the only way is to create a new database which has a new structur and can pass all relveant data to the league database to play a game. You need a new AI which can use the information of the new database. This part of the game must be new written.

Mykal -> RE: Adding Positions (9/13/2008 9:12:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mbsports

Good Afternoon,

I'm embarking on trying to add the OT, OG, DE, DT positions and things like that. Does anyone have any research that they've done already on it?

I want to see if this is at all possible and if so would love to get it in the hands of the community.

Thanks,

Mb

Bin there, tried it, it didnt work for me
I put new positions in DT and DE, those players at DE and DT just vanish from ya' roster when you go to depth chart.

Marauders -> RE: Adding Positions (10/2/2008 2:02:52 PM)

The depth chart has DE, DT, OT, OG, ....

I'm not sure what the problem is other than splitting the players up for stats.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI