Why is this happening? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

OB Potter -> Why is this happening? (9/19/2008 2:25:31 PM)

I have been using all the playbooks available on FB max. Every time a tight end lines up on the line of scrimmage and goes in motion they run across the front of the o line to their 2nd position. It looks stupid. Does this happen to everybody else?
And, does anybody know how to fix it?
Thanks,
OB

DAWUSS -> RE: Why is this happening? (9/19/2008 2:32:03 PM)

Generally I send flankers in motion, and a few times I've seen them collide with the QB under center when moving across the field. Not sure how to fix it though...

therhino -> RE: Why is this happening? (9/19/2008 5:30:28 PM)

Just edit the motion in the PDS so the tight end goes back a couple of yards first then moves in motion. That should fix your problems.

Mykal -> RE: Why is this happening? (9/19/2008 10:36:41 PM)

hahahahaha, just what I was gonna say, alter the route
good call Rhino

garysorrell -> RE: Why is this happening? (9/19/2008 11:50:14 PM)

I see this a lot also, and as the guys said above, only way around it is to alter the route.

Marauders -> RE: Why is this happening? (9/20/2008 11:17:08 PM)

It is illegal for a tight end to go into motion in 11 man football.

If you want to be able to use formation shifts, you should set your league to unlimited motion, but go by the rules of American football.

That allows the tight end to drop back into a wing prior to going into motion and move up the flanker either into the slot or wide at the same time.

mbsports -> RE: Why is this happening? (9/21/2008 4:40:35 AM)

LOL - Grab your popcorn folks here comes the

"position guy plays" vs. "position lined up as" vs. "position listed on NFL.com"

conversation

Marauders is right - every time you've seen a "Tight End" go in motion it's because he stopped being a "tight end" when he moved back and became a "wing back" due to the rules of football dictating that position is determined by placement on the field and not by the listing on nfl.com, espn.go.com, or tsn.ca

Marauders -> RE: Why is this happening? (9/21/2008 11:03:02 PM)

quote:

"position guy plays" vs. "position lined up as" vs. "position listed on NFL.com"

We've been through that a few times here.  From a rules and coaching perspective, where the player is on the field is the determining factor.

My point was also that the TE does not run along the LOS if he drops back like he should (and is no longer a TE).

Note that the rules in Canadian football are a bit different.

DAWUSS -> RE: Why is this happening? (9/24/2008 4:50:08 PM)

Just like split ends and flankers - got it

Marauders -> RE: Why is this happening? (10/6/2008 9:04:19 PM)

quote:

Just like split ends and flankers - got it.

Correct. 

A split end is an end that is split from the tackle.  Under American rules, he cannot go in motion.  In CFL rules, the split ends may go in motion along the line of scrimmage.

quote:

Generally I send flankers in motion, and a few times I've seen them collide with the QB under center when moving across the field. Not sure how to fix it though...

The flanker doesn't have to go in motion parallel to the LOS.  He can go backwards, so one may angle the motion a bit.

One may also have the flanker set just a bit back in the Pre-Snap, so his motion is back some.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI