Difficulty level bonuses (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

JadeKing -> Difficulty level bonuses (9/21/2008 1:37:38 PM)

In the manual it says that "Each level of difficulty adds 20% to every category of income each turn for computer-controlled players". Does this bonus also affect research, guns and railroads? And is this bonus added to the National or Net income?

JadeKing -> RE: Difficulty level bonuses (9/21/2008 1:57:53 PM)

Just tested it a little myself, and it seems research is not affected, but gun production surely are. Railroad points I am not sure about.

Is it possible to change what the difficulty levels change in some files, or is this hardcoded?

ericbabe -> RE: Difficulty level bonuses (9/22/2008 10:41:22 PM)

It is hardcoded.  (Sorry.)

JadeKing -> RE: Difficulty level bonuses (9/30/2008 3:46:52 PM)

Thanks for the answer. If there is still time for suggestions before the patch, I would like to see a change in how the power adjustment works. It shouldent affect research, but only the different resources like the difficulty setting does. Otherwise it makes it very hard to balance the game. If you increase difficulty but lower power to keep the AI from getting too many resources, you will put them way behind in technology, as they wont get a bonus here from the difficulty setting.

ericbabe -> RE: Difficulty level bonuses (10/1/2008 1:34:46 AM)

Can't promise anything but I'll take a look at the relevant code and see if there is something we can do.

moose1999 -> RE: Difficulty level bonuses (10/1/2008 6:41:01 AM)

Would it be a problem to make this moddable?
As an experienced player I also find the need to adjust the game's difficulty levels in very specific ways to get the most satisfying playing experience.
Being able to control every difficulty factor separately, if only through modding, would be of great value...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI