Finished - Stadium/Convention Center (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Graphics Related

garysorrell -> Finished - Stadium/Convention Center (9/23/2008 6:32:37 AM)

I really like the big windows in the end of the Colts new stadium, so I made one with big windows. It's intended to be a big stadium/Convention Center type deal, with two hotels connected by a walkway. Still a work in progress, but im getting there.

[image]local://upfiles/15334/DA25499AF4944798BA85D70A20A54B01.jpg[/image]

simmer -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (9/23/2008 6:37:47 AM)

Really looks good Gary!

therhino -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (9/23/2008 6:43:45 AM)

Wow that looks great Gary. Any chance you could make a 50 yd stadium like that?

garysorrell -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (9/23/2008 7:03:32 AM)

Yep, 50yarder is a good idea. I may just knock that out when this one is done. What I need to figure out now, is what to put in the other end corners. The other end looks the same as the pic above, just no buildings or walkway.

Mykal -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (9/23/2008 12:21:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: garysorrell

Yep, 50yarder is a good idea. I may just knock that out when this one is done. What I need to figure out now, is what to put in the other end corners. The other end looks the same as the pic above, just no buildings or walkway.

so basically its empty at the other end, a blank canvas, ooooooohhhhh now then
a huge teletron (jumbotron or what ever you guys call it)
or a video wall, kinda like loadsa small screen's that join together to make one huge screen
or advertisement hoardings
or a huge team specific end wall
or maybe if your not to far along with the model you could put in a huge restaraunt or some kinda food store
like MacDonalds or Berger King (yak junk food, hate the stuff)

there's a few ideas for ya' Buddy

garysorrell -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (9/23/2008 1:19:59 PM)

Well, it did have a single set of bleachers, just like the one in the pic above, buuuuut......I removed that, and here is what it looks like now

[image]local://upfiles/15334/ADF47E2295234F5A9AB00267A0068FE1.jpg[/image]

garysorrell -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (9/23/2008 1:24:38 PM)

I will add spots on either side of the scoreboard for ads or whatever. Also, the windows are actual windows. The city scene on the outside of each can be changed to whatever you want, just like the skylines in the other stadiums.

The only catch to this stadium is that its a dome...so I have to turn off the sky so it wont rain or snow inside. This means the sky is always black.....so you wont really see the difference between a night or day game thru the windows, or see any weather.

Breeze -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (9/23/2008 2:57:10 PM)

quote:

I will add spots on either side of the scoreboard for ads or whatever. Also, the windows are actual windows. The city scene on the outside of each can be changed to whatever you want, just like the skylines in the other stadiums.

The only catch to this stadium is that its a dome...so I have to turn off the sky so it wont rain or snow inside. This means the sky is always black.....so you wont really see the difference between a night or day game thru the windows, or see any weather.

There's a workaround for that...you could use local8h's sky object and add it to the stadium, then just swap out the sky graphics if you want day or night.

Mykal -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (9/23/2008 10:03:26 PM)

kewl, looking good man

and hey, I'm back on my own pc again............. at last
got some way to go to bring it to where I need it but at least I'm back

on the downside my old hard drive wont read at all
slaved it but windows thinks it unformatted so wont read it
formatting it would wipe everything...... so I'm stuck

mbsports -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (9/24/2008 12:22:39 AM)

Wow - that may be the most impressive stadium work I've seen to date!

Great job!

garysorrell -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (9/24/2008 2:10:00 AM)

Thanks MB...and it is finished. Let me know guys if it has any issues, or if anything is missing. Fits all size fields.
[image]http://www.geocities.com/gary_l_sorrell/Stadia/49.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.geocities.com/gary_l_sorrell/Stadia/50.jpg[/image]

DAWUSS -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (9/24/2008 3:19:55 AM)

Well, now I have a new placeholder for the Colts, Peyback Classic and the Indiana High School Football State Championship Game [:)]

DONMVP -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (9/24/2008 9:02:01 AM)

That looks great Gary . Definately use that in my cfl league . Think i`ll use that for Winsor so i can have at lease 3 dome stadiums out of 32 .

Tbird -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (9/24/2008 1:49:23 PM)

That looks awesome Gary

your a madman when it comes to building stadiums [8D]

garysorrell -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (9/24/2008 11:26:49 PM)

Thanks guys.

Marauders -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (9/25/2008 1:18:35 AM)

Very Nice, Gary,

It could use some light banks.

grandmarquis84 -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (9/26/2008 5:46:09 AM)

That is spectacular.  You are king of all you survey!

grandmarquis84 -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (10/6/2008 12:56:14 AM)

I really like the 50 yard version of this stadium but it presents me with a problem.  I record games using the Growler Gun Cam and for some reason it will not record for more than about 90 seconds when the game is in this area even though it works fine with other arenas that have been created.

Mykal -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (10/6/2008 1:15:59 AM)

quote:

Thanks MB...and it is finished. Let me know guys if it has any issues, or if anything is missing. Fits all size fields.
[image]http://www.geocities.com/gary_l_sorrell/Stadia/49.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.geocities.com/gary_l_sorrell/Stadia/50.jpg[/image]

No issues, excellent job
on a canadian field it has a really close closed in feel to it
if it where a real stadium, it would be as loud as hell in there and very off putting to visiting teams, thats for sure

garysorrell -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (10/6/2008 2:47:29 AM)

Thanks Mykal.

No idea why that is happening grandmarquis84. Could be something about the stadium that is different from my others, but I cant imagine what. Built it the same.

Tullius -> RE: Coming Soon - Stadium/Convention Center (10/6/2008 8:32:56 AM)

Really Great.

How about the Sierra Memorial Stadium ? [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI