British Super Soldiers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

brucha -> British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 12:17:00 AM)

I was playing my latest battle in my Long British campaign when I came across this interesting British infantry section:

[image]http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m28/junovitch/UO0001.jpg[/image]

Apparently I have some really good troops in my unit!

Goblin -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 12:29:39 AM)

They might want to switch to decaf tea...[;)]

Orzel Bialy -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 3:51:38 AM)

"Gather round Mates...I have some smashing news to share. The blokes with intel just informed me that there is a Jerry bunker full of tea and crumpets just over that hill! Right then, who's with me lads?"

And off they went at full gallop...doing their best imitation of the Light Brigade.[:)]

planner 3 -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 5:23:52 AM)

The British zip-a-dee-do-dah division. Isn't that about the speed they used leaving New Orleans ????????

Alby -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 3:49:10 PM)

arrrg, why are you not using Enhanced?
[:(]

V22 Osprey -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 5:11:12 PM)

No one has to use Enhanced Alby.

brucha -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 6:06:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alby

arrrg, why are you not using Enhanced?
[:(]

What is Enhanced?

edit: Sorry, I looked in the Enhanced sub-forum and answered my own question. I have been playing with version 7.1, never knowing there was 8.2 out there, let alone Enhanced. So, I am erasing my old version from my computer and downloading 8.2, the three patches and Enhanced. Can't wait to see how different the game is! I will have to restart my campaign though...

Orzel Bialy -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 7:36:21 PM)

Brucha,

Go with Enhanced. There have been modifications to the game mech, the oobs, etc that make it far better than any of the vanilla versions.

I think you'll like what you see once you give it a look. [;)]

brucha -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 7:39:15 PM)

One quick question - the Enhanced file I downloaded is a spm file that I can't open - any ideas?

Goblin -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 7:43:39 PM)

How to install:

http://www.spwaw.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15116

Goblin -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 7:44:34 PM)

brucha, did you get the PM from me?

Goblin

brucha -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 7:54:50 PM)

Ahhh, thanks Goblin - I just took a look at the new version of the game. Everything seems to be working just fine - and it looks completely superb! I can't believe that I have been playing such an antiquated version of the game! Unfortunately I will have to restart my current campaign from sratch.

Kuokkanen -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 8:01:22 PM)

Enhanced has its quirks too. In one of his DAR, Korpraali V had screenshot of german light 75 mm ATG having some 70+ rounds!

[edit]
I just remembered, that after installing Enhanced, some pop-up messages are only partly visible, and some don't show up at all.

brucha -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 8:02:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goblin

brucha, did you get the PM from me?

Goblin

Nope I did not Goblin.

Orzel Bialy -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 8:11:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Enhanced has its quirks too. In one of his DAR, Korpraali V had screenshot of german light 75 mm ATG having some 70+ rounds!

Nothing in SPWAW has been perfect to date Matti.[:)]

However, with that said despite some "quirks" Enhanced still doesn't have the masses of contradicting values that previous OoB's suffered from IMO.[;)]

Goblin -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 8:24:46 PM)

Pop-up blocker? Check your PM box...

Goblin

brucha -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 8:28:07 PM)

Sorry, do you mean the PM with this link: http://www.spwaw.com/

Goblin -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 8:36:07 PM)

Roger that.

Alby -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 8:53:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: V22 Osprey

No one has to use Enhanced Alby.

No kidding, it was a joke.
[8|]

Alby -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 8:58:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

most AT guns in the game have 50-70 rounds.
[&:]

[edit]
I just remembered, that after installing Enhanced, some pop-up messages are only partly visible, and some don't show up at all.

That is not a quirk, that is intentional...[;)]

[:)]

returnfire -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/28/2008 9:12:05 PM)

Brucha:

As much as I hate to tell you this, the "moving 105 mph" phenomenon is not a unique to British troops. Actual tests from the game (using the Enhanced mod) have shown that, if an infantry unit hits a mine, its speed would suddenly increase to at least 40 mph (and often >100 mph).

FlashfyreSP -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/30/2008 11:28:46 AM)

You'll also see the "speed demon" result if a unit in transport has its transport destroyed. 

vahauser -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/30/2008 12:57:26 PM)

It's also possible for units to move negatively.  I've seen units moving at -4mph, for example.  Heh.

planner 3 -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/30/2008 3:04:02 PM)

Vanhauser: That must have been one hell of a headwind they were running into ? [:D]

Kuokkanen -> RE: British Super Soldiers (9/30/2008 9:20:26 PM)

How about AFV getting hit to its bottom by mortar? [:'(]
Korpraali V: "I'm not going to ask whether it was sunbathing"

planner 3 -> RE: British Super Soldiers (10/1/2008 12:56:00 AM)

Bad my bad....tsk tsk[:@][:@][:@][:o][&o]

returnfire -> RE: British Super Soldiers (10/3/2008 3:25:44 AM)

planner 3:

For your information, the "negative speed" phenomenon is due to the fact that the game may decrease the speed for infantry that have fired after moving. This can happen, for example, if an infantry unit moves 1 hex (for a speed of 2~3 mph) and then fires 6 times. (Because speed could decrease by up to 1 mph after each shot, there is a good chance that the unit's speed would ultimately become negative.)

Now, here's the counter-intuitive part: as expected, the penalty to hit chance caused by moving won't go away entirely when the moving speed drops to zero or a negative number.

planner 3 -> RE: British Super Soldiers (10/3/2008 7:03:09 AM)

reyturn fire.....my remark was sarchastic and meant to be funny. Thanks for the return though.[&o][:D]

Goblin -> RE: British Super Soldiers (10/3/2008 11:25:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: returnfire

planner 3:

For your information, the "negative speed" phenomenon is due to the fact that the game may decrease the speed for infantry that have fired after moving. This can happen, for example, if an infantry unit moves 1 hex (for a speed of 2~3 mph) and then fires 6 times. (Because speed could decrease by up to 1 mph after each shot, there is a good chance that the unit's speed would ultimately become negative.)

Recoil. [;)]

planner 3 -> RE: British Super Soldiers (10/3/2008 3:29:21 PM)

Nice one Gobby.....Planner 3 (aka chief)[&o]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI