How are units assigned to CSCs? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States

silber -> How are units assigned to CSCs? (9/30/2008 9:23:07 PM)

How are they assigned? I know that, depending on rank, each one can help between one and three units, but if you have fewer units than can be helped, how is the choice made. Also, are the units distributed evenly, with higher-ranked leaders getting more after the distribution, or are the highest level ones assigned the full complement first.

Doc o War -> RE: How are units assigned to CSCs? (10/1/2008 8:30:30 AM)

If I understand your question- you wish to know what is best with CSC attachments. I think you should try to give as many leader attachments as possible to your best corps commanders first- then spread what you have left to the bulk of the remainder. The bonuses really help- though the casualties in officers goes up.
   You assign one by having a commander with a control rating of at least 7 Units- click on the receiving commander and attach just like you attach combat factors. If there are guys assigned to the sub commander when he is attached, the corps absorbs them up to its max control ability. Think of these large capacity leaders as corps for all intents.

silber -> RE: How are units assigned to CSCs? (10/1/2008 5:22:39 PM)

I understand the mechanics of attching them, I'm just curious how the game assignes specific units to them in combat.

wargamer123 -> RE: How are units assigned to CSCs? (10/1/2008 7:05:32 PM)

i still don't get the value of CSCs, seems like all they do is die or get wounded instead of your regular leadership... 

Doc o War -> RE: How are units assigned to CSCs? (10/2/2008 1:30:50 AM)

the value is added combat bonuses for CSCs-  each big leader becomes a corps with added divisional commanders adding together in the modifiers, you want the most modifiers you can get in each one.  IN the civ war- div commanders took most of the combat hits- and that is reflected in the constant stream of commanders lost- they are all fodder for the furnace of war. Get used to loosing everyone- no one commander is indispensible- they will eventually all bite the bullet, maybe even Grant or Lee- save a lucky few. Think that way and the losses you see in leaders become acceptable. What is required is combat modifiers- that is what you seek. Thatis what CSC allows

dakjck -> RE: How are units assigned to CSCs? (10/2/2008 4:24:50 PM)

I have been watching this question, but I still do not think it has been answered.  I understand that units get the benefit of their Corps commander and their CSC.  I think the question is how does the game assign the individual units to the CSC's when they fight.  For example, let's say I have five units in one corps and four one star generals attached, with different combat values.  How does the game assign the units to the CSC's for determining the modifier?  Does each one star get one unit and then one general gets a second unit?  Is it determined by rank?  Command points?

Joel Billings -> RE: How are units assigned to CSCs? (10/2/2008 7:37:52 PM)

It goes in alphabetical order through the leaders and attaches one unit to each leader before attaching a second unit to any leader. So spreads units out but lower alphabet leaders will get the excess.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI