Need to increase display size (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Commander - Napoleon at War

steel3250 -> Need to increase display size (10/1/2008 12:01:20 AM)

Hello,

After my download, I chose to save on RAM and picked the smaller size. I have quickly rejected and would like to view larger units. How can I switch this? I have tried downloading and reinstalling but it does no longer give me this choice.

Thanks
Steel32

Erik Rutins -> RE: Need to increase display size (10/1/2008 12:33:49 AM)

Did you uninstall first before reinstalling?

jwarrenw13 -> RE: Need to increase display size (10/1/2008 12:49:41 AM)

Could someone explain that a little more?  I'm interested in the ram usage of this game.  I have 1gig but my computer effectively operates like it has less.  So is this a way of reducing ram usage?  And how does the game actually operate as far as memory usage?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Need to increase display size (10/1/2008 12:58:54 AM)

Yes, for lower speed/lower memory systems, the game runs in a "zoomed out" view which is less taxing.

firepowerjohan -> RE: Need to increase display size (10/1/2008 1:04:29 AM)

To reset RAM option you need to edit the settings.txt file to "LOW_RAM 0", The settings.txt file in game installation path will NOT work, instead the file that is in /user/cnaw is the one to edit.

steel3250 -> RE: Need to increase display size (10/1/2008 7:56:35 AM)

Hello Firepowerjohan,

I appreciate the help, but am no computer expert. Can you help guide me better to the exact location that I need to go?

Thanks
Steel32

firepowerjohan -> RE: Need to increase display size (10/1/2008 9:47:40 AM)

Make a search for "settings.txt" file on your machine and you will find it

steel3250 -> RE: Need to increase display size (10/1/2008 10:00:14 AM)

Hello Firepowerjohan

Yep easy find after a search. I understand now, not in the game folder but in the user folder.

Thanks for your help!
Steel32

tbsfan -> RE: Need to increase display size (10/6/2008 6:53:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: firepowerjohan

To reset RAM option you need to edit the settings.txt file to "LOW_RAM 0", The settings.txt file in game installation path will NOT work, instead the file that is in /user/cnaw is the one to edit.

Johan, for the future, you really must consider fixing that editing procedure. I mean this with all due respect, the above mentioned procedure is absolutely ridiculous. You should be able to click on the settings / resolution etc you want, especially if you make a mistake and choose the wrong option, not have to hunt out a 'hidden' txt file that's not even in the Game folder.

I'm speaking from experience here. In the last 1/2 hour my enjoyment of this game has increased 10 fold since I was able to change the settings. I can now use the 3 X Zoom and actually see the fighting units whereas with the Low system setting the game only has a 2 X Zoom and the unit graphics at that level are hard to distinguish.

Shakespeare -> RE: Need to increase display size (1/11/2009 3:07:02 AM)

Thanks for this info - I was prompted each time game loaded and chose low once to see if it would speed up and couldn't figure out how to change it back.

Adding a few search terms to make this thread easier to find:
performance setting
display setting
set display
low performance
high performance

firepowerjohan -> RE: Need to increase display size (1/11/2009 12:00:30 PM)

Some info
In DOCUMENTS there is a folder named "Commander Napoleon at War". If you delete it, game will retrieve the original settings.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI