New copy of WITP (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

hbrsvl -> New copy of WITP (10/4/2008 8:02:49 PM)

Hi-I'm thinking of getting a new copy of WITP. I've had my present one since the game came out-2004 wasn't it? Present copy seems to be doing strange things, like not following the "TF to follow " order for more than one turn, etc. I'd also like a fresh copy for AE.

My question is, will a new copy have all the versions on it? By this I mean v1.2,v1.3,v1.6,v1.8, etc. If it does not, what are the essential Vs to install?

Thanks, Hugh Browne

ericl -> RE: New copy of WITP (10/5/2008 12:07:35 AM)

what's the point of getting a new copy?

BrucePowers -> RE: New copy of WITP (10/5/2008 2:35:55 AM)

Before getting a new copy, dowload the patches then uninstall and reinstall the game. Patch up with the downloaded patches in the correct order.

Nomad -> RE: New copy of WITP (10/5/2008 2:42:39 AM)

If your TFs are only following for one turn, then you are not setting them to patrol/do not retire. If you don't, they will not follow for more than one turn.

JeffroK -> RE: New copy of WITP (10/6/2008 1:42:52 AM)

I rarely set my followign TF's to patrol/do not retire and rarely have problems with them following.

Check your leaders, fuel levels etc and Transport Tfs may be disinclined to follow a CVTF into a combat zone. You may also have probs with a slow TF following a fast TF.

PS, I think if you buy a new game it isnt patched to the latest level, be buggered if I know why Matrix do this but its SOP.

Charbroiled -> RE: New copy of WITP (10/6/2008 2:34:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hbrsvl

Hi-I'm thinking of getting a new copy of WITP. I've had my present one since the game came out-2004 wasn't it? Present copy seems to be doing strange things, like not following the "TF to follow " order for more than one turn, etc. I'd also like a fresh copy for AE.

My question is, will a new copy have all the versions on it? By this I mean v1.2,v1.3,v1.6,v1.8, etc. If it does not, what are the essential Vs to install?

Thanks, Hugh Browne

If you ordered your copy through Digital Download, you can download 1.5 comp at no charge. The apply 1.804 comp....then 1.806.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI