Resource Transport in Asia (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

engineer -> Resource Transport in Asia (10/6/2008 6:18:00 PM)

More questions from a new IJ player. . .

The stock scenario begins with the Chinese in control of a few hexes of the Hanoi to Canton railway. If that railway is cleared you can rail transport air units at will from anywhere in Japanese occupied Korea/Manchuria/China to Indochina/Siam/Malaya/Burma and vice versa. Is the game engine smart enough to transfer SE Asian and Chinese resources to Pusan for a quick jump across the Tsushima Stait to the Home Islands?

Without control of the Wuhan to Canton railway this is pretty gamey, but even if the resources accumulated in occupied Canton or Hong Kong, that would be an enormous advantage compared to sailing down to Saigon or Singapore. [EDIT] It would also open a window for an exploit to transport DEI fuel and resources to the mainland and let the railroad take things north to Pusan, effectively fixing a big part of the Japanese merchant shipping shortfall. I've argued why it ought not happen, but I'm curious if does anyway.

Mike Solli -> RE: Resource Transport in Asia (10/6/2008 6:21:58 PM)

Yup, but you have to rely on the AI to move the resources.  I'd rather not wait for that to happen.  Keep an eye on it though.  Resources sometimes accumulate at Haiphong so keep some AKs there.

engineer -> RE: Resource Transport in Asia (10/6/2008 6:37:21 PM)

OK, thanks for the tip.  I was just looking at the map and forcing myself to jettison history for WitP think.  The game and history invite a oil & resources north/fuel and supply south paradigm, but if I can move oil and resources with miraculous supply-free/fuel-free locomotives then that makes clearing those hexes a key early objective against the Allies. 

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI