Error 771 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

ParachuteProne -> Error 771 (10/6/2008 6:23:15 PM)

Hi all :

I just upgraded to a new computer running vista.
I had my old drive installed as a slave so C: is now E:
When I first got the new computer one of the first & dumbest things I did was delete the old windows xp directory thinking I wouldn't need it.

I tried running WIP from E: but got error 771 so I tried copying the whole matrix directory to c: but still get the same error.

I did a search on error 771 & it sounds like I've lost my registry information, which leads to my question.

Is there an easy way to enter my registry information without having to re-install everything?
I had a game in progress using custom scenario settings so I don't want to have to start over if I can help it.

Thanks

Mark

jwilkerson -> RE: Error 771 (10/8/2008 3:28:03 AM)

771 is a very old error msg - not even in the code we have now - but we recommend reinstall from original media - and then upgrading to latest patches.

Nomad -> RE: Error 771 (10/8/2008 3:53:05 AM)

Here is what I would try. Copy your save games and the modified senario files to a safe location. Then completly uninstall and delete WitP. Reinstall, patch up to 1.804 and then 1.806. copy back your save game and see if it works. You could then copy back your modified senario files if you want to start another game later. If your save game doesn't work, you will have to delete it and start over.

ParachuteProne -> RE: Error 771 (10/11/2008 3:10:04 AM)

Thanks guys, I'll try to save the old game & re-install.
If it doesn't work - I'll start over.
I think my last patch update was only to 1.6

I was doing  too well in the last game anyway :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI