RE: English wit (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

cdbeck -> RE: English wit (10/15/2008 8:45:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

I cannot believe how a joke thread about the English language has devolved into this. I'm appalled. Seriously. And you guys are full grown men too.

A Matrix Mod really needs to lock this thread down. Treale, I'm sorry that this has happened to your light hearted thread.

Says the man using a picture of a KITTEN executing another KITTEN with a SWORD! You monster! For shame! [;)]

And JD, if you like that pig saying, I am just full of them. I mean, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. [:D]

ilovestrategy -> RE: English wit (10/15/2008 8:53:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Son_of_Montfort

quote:

I cannot believe how a joke thread about the English language has devolved into this. I'm appalled. Seriously. And you guys are full grown men too.

A Matrix Mod really needs to lock this thread down. Treale, I'm sorry that this has happened to your light hearted thread.

Says the man using a picture of a KITTEN executing another KITTEN with a SWORD! You monster! For shame! [;)]

And JD, if you like that pig saying, I am just full of them. I mean, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. [:D]

Bah! I hate it when someone turns the tables on me! [:D]

Rainerle -> RE: English wit (10/15/2008 2:57:54 PM)

It is spelled:

Aluminium

06 Maestro -> RE: English wit (10/15/2008 6:11:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainerle

It is spelled:

Aluminium

Funny, some folks pronounce it like that here, even though the only proper way to spell it is "aluminum". Some people just love to toture themselves I guess. Perhaps some have a mental block to fully seperating from the "Old Country"[;)]

andym -> RE: English wit (10/15/2008 7:10:25 PM)

Bit like the old Potato and Tomato debate.[:D][:D][:D]

ilovestrategy -> RE: English wit (10/15/2008 8:35:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: andym

We had a vice president that misspelled potato in the early 90's and man did Saturday Night Live have a field day with that! I cannot remember his name to save my life...

Barthheart -> RE: English wit (10/15/2008 8:57:51 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: andym

We had a vice president that misspelled potato in the early 90's and man did Saturday Night Live have a field day with that! I cannot remember his name to save my life...

That would have been Dan Quayle.....
[:D]
http://www.capitalcentury.com/1992.html

Doggie -> RE: English wit (10/15/2008 10:12:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainerle

It is spelled:

Aluminium

Only a stinking savage would spell it or pronounce it that way. Some people think extra vowels grow on trees.

But of course what else could we expect from aborgines who eat haggis and kidney pie?

GaryChildress -> RE: English wit (10/15/2008 10:13:42 PM)

Hey Doggie, what has happened to the Steakhouse? It says the forum is down. I'm having withdrawal. [:(]

Doggie -> RE: English wit (10/15/2008 11:02:39 PM)

If you had been paying attention, you would know that there is an alternative MCS:The Mad Dog Drive Thru

GaryChildress -> RE: English wit (10/15/2008 11:08:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Doggie

If you had been paying attention, you would know that there is an alternative MCS:The Mad Dog Drive Thru

But all my most witty and intelligent posts are at the Steakhouse! [:D]

Actually I'll have to visit the Drive Thru... [8D]

Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI