One more turn (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

ilovestrategy -> One more turn (10/7/2008 5:53:00 PM)

As I played Gary Grisby's World at War this morning and was trying to stem the Japanese horde while building up America's industrial power house I looked at my watch and thought that the phrase "One more turn" has got to be one of the biggest obstacles of productivity! [:D]

JudgeDredd -> RE: One more turn (10/7/2008 6:38:15 PM)

lol...I know that term from plenty of games. Unfortunately, I never got it with GG:WaW. GGWBTS is another matter [:D]

Toby42 -> RE: One more turn (10/7/2008 6:44:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

lol...I know that term from plenty of games. Unfortunately, I never got it with GG:WaW. GGWBTS is another matter [:D]

It's funny how tastes run different. I'm just the opposite from your view! It's what makes the World go Around.....

ilovestrategy -> RE: One more turn (10/7/2008 9:05:19 PM)

Oh no, I mean in turn based games in general, not just that one! [&o]

JudgeDredd -> RE: One more turn (10/7/2008 9:31:58 PM)

Yeah...it's a great feeling having a game that gets you like that...but it can lead to sleep deprivation (for you and your spouse), lack of motivation at work and the gym and a suffering love life [:'(]

E -> RE: One more turn (10/7/2008 10:41:22 PM)

I remember laughing when I bought an early incarnation of Empire that warned on the box cover that the game was addictive.  I thought that was just funny advertising/hype. Little did I know it was a valid warning at the time! (I later learned it was added because of actual complaints from college students who beta tested and/or just plain played an even earlier incarnation of the game).

Kuokkanen -> RE: One more turn (10/8/2008 7:08:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: E

I remember laughing when I bought an early incarnation of Empire that warned on the box cover that the game was addictive.  I thought that was just funny advertising/hype. Little did I know it was a valid warning at the time! (I later learned it was added because of actual complaints from college students who beta tested and/or just plain played an even earlier incarnation of the game).

That is new info to me. Have you visited Classic Empire page yet?

E -> RE: One more turn (10/8/2008 9:30:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: E

I remember laughing when I bought an early incarnation of Empire that warned on the box cover that the game was addictive. I thought that was just funny advertising/hype. Little did I know it was a valid warning at the time! (I later learned it was added because of actual complaints from college students who beta tested and/or just plain played an even earlier incarnation of the game).

That is new info to me. Have you visited Classic Empire page yet?

That's where I got some of the info, while I was in a nostalgic mood last year...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Walter Bright

Some people at Caltech disliked Empire - even blaming it for a couple students flunking out because they got addicted to the game and neglected their studies. One even threatened me because of this (incredible, hmm?)

cantona2 -> RE: One more turn (10/9/2008 7:22:35 AM)

Thats what WitP is like, one more turn...one more turn...one more turn...

Grell -> RE: One more turn (10/9/2008 11:34:32 AM)

I have lot's of games with one more turnitis.[:)]

Regards,

Grell

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI