Steel Panthers WaW: Tanker Crews (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Shetty -> Steel Panthers WaW: Tanker Crews (4/15/2002 8:37:26 PM)

Is there a possibility that a tanker crew comes back to its' abandoned tank after the enemy has retreated, and reuses it? If I try to load the crew into the tank, the game always says that the tank is fleeing, which doesn't seem very logical to me...

Rune Iversen -> (4/15/2002 8:48:09 PM)

If you are able to leave the crew unsuppressed besides their abandoned (it must not be destroyed) tank, they will likely recrew it after a couple of turns.
Be warned that the abandoned tank might have suffered serious damage, and is probably no longer in mint condition.

Resisti -> (4/15/2002 9:19:14 PM)

Shetty,
Rune is correct.
You cannot recrew a vehicle the same way you load troops on it.
You must make the crew stay unsuppressed in the same hex with the vehicle and normally within a couple of turns it will reman its vehicle.not sure, but an experience check should be involved in the process, too.

Resisti -> (4/15/2002 9:30:46 PM)

Shetty,
Rune is correct.
You can recrew a vehicle the same way you load troops on it.
You must make the crew stay unsuppressed in the same hex with the vehicle and normally within a couple of turns it will reman its vehicle.not sure, but an experience check should be involved in the process, too.

Shetty -> (4/15/2002 9:33:14 PM)

Cool, thanks.

Supervisor -> (4/15/2002 9:45:55 PM)

You also have to make sure no crew members get killed!!!!!!:cool:

Shetty -> (4/15/2002 9:59:22 PM)

Doesn't "unsupressed" insist that no crew members are killed..? ;-)

Supervisor -> (4/16/2002 4:59:39 AM)

Persay yes, but you can lose a member and still be able to regain an unsurpressed status over time.

tracer -> (4/24/2002 8:48:11 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gmenfan
[B]You also have to make sure no crew members get killed!!!!!!:cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

I've had crews as small as 2 re-man an abandoned 5-man tank. There was a lower lower rate of fire (shots per turn), and only the first 2 weapons would fire. In a PBEM turn last night I had 3 man crews reload into 2 different 4-man Matilda II's.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI