Pirate copy? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support

fogger -> Pirate copy? (10/11/2008 6:07:38 AM)

I have never played a PBEM before and have just saved my first turn and a message came up saying that I might have a pirate copy of Vol3 which is not correct. I still have my orginal disk and serial number. (I also have Vol 1, 2 & COW disks). I have loaded a couple of mods which I down loaded from gamesquad. Should I worry about the message? How do I fix the problem without removing the mods?

el cid -> RE: Pirate copy? (10/11/2008 4:18:27 PM)

I once played a PBEM game against myself (the reason was checking if the cheat prevention was working correctly). When I would open a turn I would get that error message. I guess the game was detecting that The person that send the e-mail (that would be me) had the same serial number as myself (which most likely it was true).

ralphtricky -> RE: Pirate copy? (11/17/2008 12:23:05 AM)

The only real downside, aside from the guilt and eternal damnation[sm=00000055.gif] is that I took te poetic justice step of removing the 'your opponent may be cheating' messages.

Since hotseat doesn't swap sides now, it's probably better for testing PBEM and real PBEM.

Ralph

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI