I would like to see a FOF type game for the American Revolution (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

pjwheeling -> I would like to see a FOF type game for the American Revolution (10/13/2008 7:17:58 PM)

FOF is a great game and it would be awesome to see Western Civilization or some other company do an American Revolution game that is similar to FOF.
Does anyone else agree?

Patrick

Erik Rutins -> RE: I would like to see a FOF type game for the American Revolution (10/13/2008 7:23:54 PM)

Have you tried For Liberty and Birth of America?

pjwheeling -> RE: I would like to see a FOF type game for the American Revolution (10/13/2008 7:33:31 PM)

I am going to try For Liberty.
I notice that there are very few online reviews for it, plus almost no one is on the forum.
What I'm reading does not overwhelm me. However, I'm going to give it a try.
I have BOA, but don't really like the AGEOD games.
For Liberty does not seem to be getting the love that FOF does. I personally love FOF and would like to see one similar for the Revolution.

Patrick

Erik Rutins -> RE: I would like to see a FOF type game for the American Revolution (10/13/2008 7:40:55 PM)

For Liberty does have the combination of Strategic and Tactical that FOF does, though it's not as detailed or comprehensive a simulation as FOF. It's still a fun game. When we first added it to our catalog, I played through the campaign several times and had a great time.

I saw your other post. There are a few bugs that Hussar has not yet fixed, but none that should prevent your enjoyment of the game. It's been quite playable from the initial release.

pjwheeling -> RE: I would like to see a FOF type game for the American Revolution (10/13/2008 7:55:22 PM)

Ok. Sounds good. I was going to give it a try anyway, but your endorsement is helpful.

Patrick

killroyishere -> RE: I would like to see a FOF type game for the American Revolution (10/14/2008 1:00:46 AM)

I 2nd the nomination for For Liberty as your war of independence fix with both strategic and tactical battles. I found the Ageod games pretty boring myself and not enough immediate information on the battles. I much prefer some form of tactical battles and information in the games I play today anyways. Games like Ageod makes are more like what your grandpa used to play. Computers can do so much today I don't see why more games don't offer both strategic and tactical in them or at least the option to use both.

pjwheeling -> RE: I would like to see a FOF type game for the American Revolution (10/14/2008 2:21:06 AM)

The lack of the tactical battles in BOA is what turns me off. That's what make FOF so good. Another vote for For Liberty! That's encouraging.

Patrick

Gil R. -> RE: I would like to see a FOF type game for the American Revolution (10/14/2008 11:21:11 PM)

We at WCS would love to do an American Revolution game using the FOF engine one day, but we have several higher-priority projects ahead of it in the queue. The earliest we'd get to it, if we ever do, would be 2010. So, I hope that "For Liberty!" suits your needs.

Good to know we'd have at least one customer...

moose1999 -> RE: I would like to see a FOF type game for the American Revolution (10/15/2008 8:46:41 AM)

Make that 2 customers, Gil. [;)]
Anyway, I can also recommend For Liberty - although especially the tactical combat can seem somewhat underwhelming when you're coming from FOF.
Pretty underwhelming, in fact.
But it's still a fun game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI