Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

BoredStiff -> Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 12:13:53 AM)

Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters

Meet the mad king of Azeroth.

By Ben Silverman

Think you play too much World of Warcraft?

Compared to "Prepared," you don't.

In a case of game addiction gone officially bananas, gaming blog Joystiq reports on what is surely the biggest Warcraft fan of them all. Known only under the moniker "Prepared," the gamer plays a stunning 36 World of Warcraft accounts on 11 different computers...simultaneously.

Stemming from a desire to manage raids -- large-scale gameplay sessions that typically require the teamwork of multiple players -- all by himself, the die-hard gamer seems undaunted by both the financial and lifestyle commitments to such a geeky endeavor.

"It costs me exactly $5711 in subscription costs per year with 36 accounts on the 6 month pay schedule," he writes. "Not bad considering I'm looking at it like it's a hobby and there are more expensive hobbies out there than World of Warcraft."

Like yachting, perhaps. And despite the downturn in the economy, Prepared can't wait to get his hands on the upcoming Warcraft expansion, Wrath of the Lich King.

"I plan to be at the store when it opens and will purchase 36 copies of it. With tax, it should be about $1500 for all of them."

Word of Prepared's over-the-top addiction comes on the heels of the annual Blizzcon Convention, a fan-oriented celebration of the games created by Warcraft publisher Blizzard.

[image]http://i33.tinypic.com/2i279rl.jpg[/image]

[image]http://i34.tinypic.com/f5655j.jpg[/image]

(embedded links at source)

Terminus -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 12:33:15 AM)

Who cares? WoW is for wallies...

Hertston -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 12:50:32 AM)

Am I allowed to say that 'Prepared' really could do with getting laid?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 12:51:08 AM)

That's insane, he can't possibly play 36 characters at once. Are you telling me this is actually true?

GaryChildress -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 12:55:15 AM)

The man is a God!!! [&o][&o] [:D]

BoredStiff -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 2:06:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

That's insane, he can't possibly play 36 characters at once. Are you telling me this is actually true?

Are you asking me? I dunno, I just posted the article because I think managing 36 characters in any game, simultaneously or not, is amazing.
I know nothing about WoW myself, other than that it's one of those MMORPG's, or whatever they're called.
Plus, I think his setup is incredible.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

Don't go there, because I can think the same about a number of people in the wargaming hobby. [;)]
One guy at a certain wargaming club (that shall remain nameless) comes to mind, for example.

How about adult model airplane builders, or ex-model airplane builders? Check out the guy at the 5-minute mark in this video:

Guys and Dolls

lmao

Phatguy -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 2:58:37 AM)

The words "basement" "mom" and "loser" come to mind

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 3:22:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

5 will get you 10 he wouldn't know what to do.

sprior -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 3:36:57 AM)

He should try playing the Japanese in WITP. Then he can talk about complicated...

Marc von Martial -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 10:15:46 AM)

quote:

It costs me exactly $5711 in subscription costs per year with 36 accounts on the 6 month pay schedule,"

And 12000 $ energy costs ....

Marc von Martial -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 10:16:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: apathetic lurker

LOL

cantona2 -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 11:14:13 AM)

The guy should get a life!

Krasny -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 11:37:11 AM)

This is clearly nonsense. All his toons are the same class and would get squished in a WoW raid.

Phatguy -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 12:05:23 PM)

Ok, I manage 5 characters in LOTRO on one server.. Only reason is I have lots of free time now[:)]...it's hard to juggle 5 toons. I cant fathom how he does it. If this socially inept bufoon was smart, he'd move on over to LOTRO and pay a one time lifetime account payment of $199. Sure the outlay is great at the beginning but huge savings later on.. He'd be smart to go solar too. Or i'd be happy to lay out a few bills and get him a hooker and a bottle of ripple......lots more fun imho!

Perturabo -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 12:21:34 PM)

quote:

He's hardware rather makes me think about "good job" and "filthy rich".

HansBolter -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 1:19:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

quote:

He's hardware rather makes me think about "good job" and "filthy rich".

And probably living off of a trust fund.

But seriously, WOW is such a dumbed down MMORG that it really wouldn't be difficult to play that many characters.

Most of us players in tougher games like UO or DAOC played at least 6-8 different characters.

I tried WOW after moving on from the aforementioned two games and discovered that you could level a character to 50 in two weeks without powerleveling. The game was designed to facilitate teenagers who demend instant gratification. Neither a very difficult nor a very challenging game at all.

Perturabo -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 1:22:06 PM)

That's why I hate MMORPGs. I hope that maybe Fallout Online will change something.

carnifex -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 7:06:39 PM)

I ran two characters in DAoC for years - I knew a guy in EQ who ran six wizards - running 36 or whatever is the same thing but on a more time-consuming scale - you just set up a bunch of macros and hotkeys and set the characters to follow each other and such.

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 8:24:46 PM)

I had two accounts for a while in WWIIOL, one account I would use to truck around the other account. If I wanted to go somewhere with a rifleman and set up in some sweet spot to pick off other players, I'd fire up the truck and drive me there, leaving the truck parked a distance away. When it got too hot, I'd sprint over, hop in the truck and run away !

Fred98 -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/16/2008 10:44:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

When it got too hot, I'd sprint over, hop in the truck and run away !

That is clever !

-

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/17/2008 3:42:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe 98

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

When it got too hot, I'd sprint over, hop in the truck and run away !

That is clever !

-

Fun too ! That was before you could use a truck for mobile spawn or resupply. Now, I could set up with an MG and have quite a lot of fun ! Before I'd have to run off to get more ammo.

mack2 -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/17/2008 1:54:18 PM)

it's fake. a hoax. it's not real.

Greybriar -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/17/2008 3:50:17 PM)

quote:

Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters

So what is this guy? A gold seller?

Grell -> RE: Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters (10/18/2008 2:54:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Who cares? WoW is for wallies...

And this guy (prepared) is the biggest wallie of them all.

Regards,

Grell

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI