Support question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

Dragonheart -> Support question (10/22/2008 8:03:05 AM)

Well, its a long time since i played UV the last time so i cant remember to all details i learned so far.

Some of my units i brought to my forward bases in the long campagne show a red figure regarding the suppport. Does this mean that my AA and my eneneer unit dont work because they dont have support? As they are SWPAC units i brought a SWPAC HQ to the base...but unfortunately this did not change anything....still red although i should have more support than i need. [:(] Any idea?

tku DH

fuelli -> RE: Support question (10/22/2008 10:28:02 AM)

I assume the red number appaers in the unit screen. This value is only for the units support needs and the support the unit brings for itself. Check the numbers (Support and support required) in the base screen. These are relevant.

tocaff -> RE: Support question (10/22/2008 12:34:08 PM)

Maybe despite the HQ unit you have a large # of LCUs, etc. at the base and more support units are required?  

Dragonheart -> RE: Support question (10/22/2008 12:54:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tocaff

Maybe despite the HQ unit you have a large # of LCUs, etc. at the base and more support units are required?  

No i have sufficient there is definitely more support as needed...i counted it there is a plus of support of appr. 30.

HansBolter -> RE: Support question (10/22/2008 1:13:16 PM)

Having a surplus of 30 for the entire base does not necessarily ensure each unit gets it's fair share of that support. Examine each unit and I bet some have an excess that balances the ones with out total support.

Note my use of the term "total" rather than "sufficient". Support is a realitive thing. Not having total support does not shut a unit down and rob it of it's capabilities. It just reduces it's efficiency. What constitutes "sufficient" support is a very realitve thing and heavily dependent on what the particular uint is trying to accomplish.

If the units without "total" support are infantry units garrisoning a base that is not under siege, but may be getting bombed, than it is better ot have the engineers responsible for repairing the damage to be getting total support while the line infantry units are forced to get by with less than total support.

I wouldn't agonize over the inability to maximize every nuance of your war effort. War is a sloppy business and as long as you are succeeding with a little less than maximum efficiency you should be content with your effort.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI