WITP Tracker (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

hbrsvl -> WITP Tracker (10/22/2008 1:46:52 PM)

Hi- Has this tool been tweeked enough that a numbskull like me can use it? Also with the Tracker work with AE?

Thanks, Hugh Browne

Apollo11 -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/22/2008 2:27:36 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: hbrsvl

Hi- Has this tool been tweeked enough that a numbskull like me can use it? Also with the Tracker work with AE?

Thanks, Hugh Browne

IIRC it was said that "WitP Tracker" will be integral part of WitP-AE!

BTW, with round 500 post count you most certainly are not begginer... [:D]

Leo "Apollo11"

castor troy -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/22/2008 2:27:36 PM)

quote:

Thanks, Hugh Browne

I thought it will also be PART of AE [&:]

Edit: bahh, Leo beat me by 3 secs... [;)]

Apollo11 -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/22/2008 2:28:38 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

Thanks, Hugh Browne

I thought it will also be PART of AE [&:]

IIRC they told us just that - the "WitP Tracker" will be installed automatically together with WitP-AE...

Leo "Apollo11"

undercovergeek -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/22/2008 2:32:14 PM)

will it come with tutorial?

wworld7 -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/22/2008 3:33:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

IIRC they told us just that - the "WitP Tracker" will be installed automatically together with WitP-AE...

Are you sure?

I remember shortly after the WITP-AE annoucement that Woos's utility "WipPDecoder" will be tied to WITP-AE. It was my understanding that the file formats and/or encryption were changing in WITP-AE.

But this wouldn't be the first time I drank too much beer and my memory took a vacation.

kfmiller41 -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/22/2008 10:38:08 PM)

Beer causes memory loss[X(], Damn that's why I can't remember what I drink anymore[:D]

Crimguy -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/23/2008 6:33:40 AM)

I was always a bigger fan of Bodhi's utility, and thought most of its' features should be integrated into WitP.  The ability to click on combat summaries and be brought to the appropriate place on the map was worth the price of admission.

Although it was free . . .

Apollo11 -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/23/2008 8:01:55 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crimguy

I was always a bigger fan of Bodhi's utility, and thought most of its' features should be integrated into WitP.  The ability to click on combat summaries and be brought to the appropriate place on the map was worth the price of admission.

Although it was free . . .

I also always liked Bodhi's utility too!

Unfortunately he stopped developing it long long time ago (just before my vectors idea was implemented in it)... <SIGH> [:(]

Leo "Apollo11"

JamesM -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/23/2008 1:37:53 PM)

I agree with you A11 Bohdi's Utility, it is still my choice of utility to run in the background. I hope he will adapt it to work on AE.

witpqs -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/23/2008 3:57:00 PM)

Crimeguy,

Nice signature/picture you've got there! Which one is you? [:D]

Nomad -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/23/2008 7:08:33 PM)

I run in windowed mode and have available, Bohdis, decoder, and tracker.

cantona2 -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/23/2008 7:31:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

I run in windowed mode and have available, Bohdis, decoder, and tracker.

Me too [:D]

Crimguy -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/23/2008 8:27:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Crimeguy,

It is pretty hilarious.

5 points if you know who they are . . .

eastwindrain -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/23/2008 9:38:19 PM)

Well as I've got Sky tele and watch the premiership games I could answer the question, but I don't want to spoil the fun, can't believe I'm still married as I play WitP as well, how do I manage to hold down a job !!!.

anarchyintheuk -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/23/2008 9:54:43 PM)

Wenger, Van Persie, Fabregas and Toure(?). Any assasination attempt would have occured after Hull.

Crimguy -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/23/2008 10:38:33 PM)

Pretty good. The last one is Adebayor not Toure. Toure is the Mr. Eko of soccer, doesn't smile. Every time I see that look on Fabregas' face I giggle. He has the same idiotic/orgasmic expression every time he scores (which hasn't been much this year).

Dixie -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/24/2008 12:29:16 AM)

quote:

Pretty good. The last one is Adebayor not Toure. Toure is the Mr. Eko of soccer, doesn't smile. Every time I see that look on Fabregas' face I giggle. He has the same idiotic/orgasmic expression every time he scores (which hasn't been much this year).

Top class sig pic mate. I've seen it on another forum, and it still makes me smile every time [:)] Now I can see it more often here [:D]

jwilkerson -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/24/2008 4:03:08 AM)

Woos tools will be bundled, other utilities may be available after release.

Apollo11 -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/24/2008 8:38:27 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Crimeguy,

It is pretty hilarious.

5 points if you know who they are . . .

The sig is nice but, very unfortunately, it is too big at 1.5 MB of size... it severly slows down the page loading everywhere it is posted for everyone not having broadband... [:(]

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/24/2008 8:38:53 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

Thanks for info Joe!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/24/2008 8:39:54 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Are you sure?

I remember shortly after the WITP-AE annoucement that Woos's utility "WipPDecoder" will be tied to WITP-AE. It was my understanding that the file formats and/or encryption were changing in WITP-AE.

But this wouldn't be the first time I drank too much beer and my memory took a vacation.

You were right (just saw Joe's post about that)... [:)]

Leo "Apollo11"

cantona2 -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/24/2008 7:33:09 PM)

The Wenger Boys!

Chad Harrison -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/24/2008 7:44:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

I feel very ignorant for asking this as after playing WitP for nearly 2 1/2 years, I have no idea what Woo's utility is, or how it is used.

I am sure I am not the only one though, especially for the newcomers, so can someone shed some light on what Woo's utility is? Will it be in-game, or will you have to access it outside of the game (is that how it works now with vanilla WitP?)?

Thanks in advance

Chad

wworld7 -> RE: WITP Tracker (10/24/2008 9:24:02 PM)

Chad,

Woos's utility, like Bodhi's utiltiy and all the others, was created after the release of WITP. It runs outside of the program like the rest. Look in the Must Read threads or just search on "woos" and you wil find it.

Thye all have +'s and -'s.

Enjoy.

Woos -> WitpDecoder (10/24/2008 10:08:11 PM)

Can't say much on the jumping people in the Sig picture but yes, WitpDecoder will be part of WitP AE. Or something with the same functionality (Some people on the development team don't like the name, so if you have a suggestion that me and them like ...).

It is not integrated into WitP AE but will run in its own window.
The tool will be installed automatically but you will have to install Java on your own.
It still follows the philosophy of not displaying what you can see in game, so it has less tables than WitpTracker.
It uses the same database engine as WitpTracker (hsqldb) but not the same database schema, so Tracker can not directly use the database but maybe the Tracker guys will be able to import the data from it (direct access from the savegame files will no longer be possible as those use 'industry level' encryption).
I am currently adding a mode where it behaves a little bit like Bodhi's utility (which I also like) but I won't write the parsers for the turn reports. Someone else will have to do that (I can provide info on how to put the data into WitpDecoder's database).

Did I forget any question?

Chad Harrison -> RE: WitpDecoder (10/25/2008 3:40:54 AM)

Thanks for the replies Flipper and Woos. Just another reason to be excited about WitP:AE. Which brings up the question of a release date . . .

[:D]

Crimguy -> RE: WitpDecoder (10/25/2008 5:30:54 AM)

Woos - should have given you snaps as well.  I dig Witp decoder too.  IIRC had more benefit if you were playing the japanese though.  I never had a big enough head for all that production stuff. . .

To everyone else, sadly I think I have to take my sig off.  DIdn't realize it was so big, and the last thing I want to do is bog down page loads

Charbroiled -> RE: WitpDecoder (11/4/2008 3:05:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woos

...WitpDecoder will be part of WitP AE. Or something with the same functionality (Some people on the development team don't like the name, so if you have a suggestion that me and them like ...)....

Woos, your decoder is a great "assistant" for playing the game. Since the "assistant" to Admirals is called an "aide-de-camp, how about calling your decoder "WITP-aide-de-camp"? Or if that seems too long, "WITP-ADC".

jwilkerson -> RE: WitpDecoder (11/5/2008 4:42:40 AM)

ADC is probably too "land lubber ish" for an Admiral ... maybe "Flag Captain" .... as a name component ...

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI