Hail Gary Grigsby! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States

GBS -> Hail Gary Grigsby! (10/22/2008 3:44:01 PM)

As can be seen, I don't post much even though I have been around forever. This needs to be said. As of 1.03 this is the best civil war game ever made. The rules are just brilliant and create the most realistic game yet allows for opportuntities to recreate history at the same time. The other two civil war games that have been produced in recent years, although very good, pale in comparison to this masterpiece. Even though few and far between, this is what I buy war games for. It is simple yet very detailed, all at once. Thanks Gary and friends. In my view your body of work is the best, most inovative in the history of War Gaming. I can wait for your next effort.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Hale Gary Grigsby! (10/22/2008 7:41:18 PM)

I'm sure the whole team will be happy to read this. The best thing you can do is to spread the word on the internet and in person to let other wargamers know how much you enjoy this game. We can use all the free publicity we can get!

rogueusmc -> RE: Hale Gary Grigsby! (10/22/2008 11:00:36 PM)

This struck up a memory from high school when I saw the e-mail notification...[:D]

Everyyear, as in every other high school, we had class president elections and such...one guys last name was Hale...his slogan was 'Give 'em Hale"...[:D]

He used hale as opposed to hail in the subject line and that is where that bit of randomness started...[8|]

Semper Fi,
Lee

edit...I noticed you changed the header. I was just hacking on ya. I am sorry if I offended in any way...

Skipjack -> RE: Hail Gary Grigsby! (10/24/2008 5:34:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GBS

Even though few and far between, this is what I buy war games for.

I agree whole heartedly! I don't buy many games, but I just ordered this one based on some comments in the forums. I'm already hooked and I have no idea what I am doing. This one is going to cost me some sleep [;)] Thanks!

Doc o War -> RE: Hail Gary Grigsby! (10/24/2008 6:51:12 AM)

I takes some time to run it up mentally- but after a few games you begin to see it.

Texican -> RE: Hail Gary Grigsby! (10/24/2008 3:28:08 PM)

Is the patch out already? Or is this beta testing praise?

Joel Billings -> RE: Hail Gary Grigsby! (10/24/2008 4:49:50 PM)

It's available as a public beta in the member's area.

jimkehn -> RE: Hail Gary Grigsby! (10/24/2008 4:52:11 PM)

When will it be official. My PBEM opponent is trouncing me and we would like to restart but are waiting for the official patch!!

GShock -> RE: Hail Gary Grigsby! (10/24/2008 5:09:24 PM)

Jim actually the concept around the public beta is that you players all play it and tell us if the changes listed are all working as intended and the playbalance is still straight. I would restart from the beta if i were you. [8D]

Texican -> RE: Hail Gary Grigsby! (10/24/2008 7:00:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

It's available as a public beta in the member's area.

Thanks.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Hail Gary Grigsby! (10/24/2008 8:42:30 PM)

It should be official early next week, FYI.

jimkehn -> RE: Hail Gary Grigsby! (10/24/2008 11:27:55 PM)

GShock: Since the patch is beta and since we are doing a PBEM, I wanted to wait to see what the concensus was before we started a new game with it. Especially in terms of stability and the like.

I gotta tell ya guys.....especially the new guys......this game really grows on you. I have had mine for a month or so and it has only gotten better. I am still learning stuff.....like how to beat the AI...but the rules are pretty logical and pretty realistic for the most part. I think this game will last as long as Dominions III on my computer. And I have had Dom III for almost 2 years now, and am still finding new stuff all the time.

Doc o War -> RE: Hail Gary Grigsby! (10/25/2008 5:52:35 AM)

I have been playing this 1.3 a while now- it's stable-and really a sweet patch. It also fixes a whole lot of bug problems- and really sets the game on the historic start point there at Bull Run in July of 61, you can do it as the Union- or not- and from there you are free to follow any plan you wish- stick with Scotts Andaconda plan or do something else. Fight it east or west. It starts cleaner and after that you are one your own.

GShock -> RE: Hail Gary Grigsby! (10/25/2008 7:55:54 AM)

quote:

GShock: Since the patch is beta and since we are doing a PBEM, I wanted to wait to see what the concensus was before we started a new game with it. Especially in terms of stability and the like.

That's not entirely correct, betas are not released to the public. This is a public beta. It means it's been intensively tested throughout its development so it is stable. Minor glitches could still be in, and will still be in when the public beta goes official and that's because all computer programs have glitches and can always be bettered (potentially forever).

One thing is sure, you can't play a save from 1.2 to 1.3b because of the map and many rule changes, but if u start a game with the public beta, it's highly unlikely that the official version will change so much that your game becomes incompatible with the official release. Very unlikely. [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI