Caution: A hack attempt? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Tommy -> Caution: A hack attempt? (4/17/2002 10:25:59 PM)

I received this email:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Kod potwierdzaj±cy dla tommy

konto użytkownika 'tommy' na Matrix Games ma powi±zany ze sob± adres email. Użytkownik z 213.76.98.173 wła¶nie poprosił o kod potwierdzaj±cy do zmiany hasła.

Twój kod potwierdzaj±cy to: f42c99afbc

Z tym kodem możesz zmienić hasło dla http://www.matrixgames.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=pass_lost
Je¶li nie prosiłe¶ o to, nie przejmuj się. Po prostu skasuj ten mail.
------------------------------------------------------------------

It might be in Polish. It seems to concern my Matrix account. The IP is in Poland. Would someone look into this? Can anyone translate it?

Thanks,

Tommy

mogami -> It's polish (4/17/2002 11:04:36 PM)

"It confirm code for ± account cy tommy uż has address on from (with) ' ' ± ± e-mail ytkownika tommy Matrix Games powi zany sob. Uż With (from) 213.76.98.173 ytkownik wł but ¶ not poprosił it confirm about code for change ± cy hasł it confirm it your code ± a. cy with this code f42c99afbc moż esz zmienić hasł about for = run _ it (them) < eat > ¶ not http://www.matrixgames.com/modules....nt&op lost li prosił about it ¶ e, it don't take over się it cancel this mail simply "

Its Polish alright but it does not make complete sense to me.
Looks like they are saying you requested a new password and this e-mail is sending it to you.

Charles2222 -> (4/18/2002 12:56:59 AM)

quote:

Knock off that Polish gibberish!
- from The Battle of Britain

mogami -> Który nie by dobry filmowy (4/18/2002 1:21:56 AM)

*Hello* Polskie ludzie nie mówi śmieci&. obmyślam was robi. Udaj się daleko syn wy dręczycie mnie.

I was disapointed by that movie. Seems every German catches one right between the eyes. My impression is was a rush job and like 'Midway' the added love interest only subtracts time from telling the historical story. (That movie makers never seem to think real history is interesting enough without adding a boy/girl story as padding has often caused me wonder)

Goblin -> Re: Który nie był dobry filmowy (4/18/2002 6:39:37 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mogami
[B]*Hello* Polskie ludzie nie mówi śmieci&. obmyślam was robi. Udają się daleko syn wy dręczycie mnie. [/B][/QUOTE]

Mogami buddy, you continue to surprise me every day!:)

Goblin

Tommy -> Re: It's polish (4/18/2002 8:37:34 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mogami
[B]"It confirm code for ± account cy tommy uż has address on from (with) ' ' ± ± e-mail ytkownika tommy Matrix Games powi zany sob. Uż With (from) 213.76.98.173 ytkownik wł but ¶ not poprosił it confirm about code for change ± cy hasł it confirm it your code ± a. cy with this code f42c99afbc moż esz zmienić hasł about for = run _ it (them) < eat > ¶ not http://www.matrixgames.com/modules....nt&op lost li prosił about it ¶ e, it don't take over się it cancel this mail simply "

Its Polish alright but it does not make complete sense to me.
Looks like they are saying you requested a new password and this e-mail is sending it to you. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks Mogami,
I have to admit though, I can't figure out most of what you said (that's because I'm not smart enough to know Polish!). The main point is; someone pretending to be Matrix is asking me to verify my password with them. I DID NOT change my password.

Matrix Gents, please look into this.

Tommy

Supervisor -> Upchanneled (4/18/2002 9:14:49 AM)

It has been forwarded to the Forum/board admisitrators (GODS)and hopefully they can get to the bottom of it. I just tested the lost username/password feature and it didn't look anything like that.

Tommy -> (4/18/2002 6:49:22 PM)

Thanks,

I just noticed that I chopped off the header for the email, here it is:

To: <************>
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 11:47 PM
Subject: Kod potwierdzaj±cy dla tommy

Charles2222 -> (4/19/2002 3:12:52 AM)

Mogami: Nah, that was quite good, though the mush was almost unforgiveable. I'll always remember it for the Luftwaffe strafing of the airfield when out of the clear blue that ME109 comes right towards the camera (I have the movie). Sure would've been nice to have seen that on the big screen. Some if not most of the dogfighting looked pretty fake, but it sure was a beauty to see anyway.

Warrior -> (4/21/2002 6:18:03 PM)

This could also be the latest virus making the rounds, which uses numerous headers and subject lines. If you haven't done so already, I suggest you run a full virus check on your machine.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI