Reinforcements in the WATER!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

campekenobi -> Reinforcements in the WATER!! (4/18/2002 2:01:02 AM)

Ok, I never learned how to designate WHERE reinforcements should arrive, but I guess now will be the time, as I'm playing a standard Island map surrounded by water, and my reinforcements arrived in a Hex on the far EDGE of the map, completely surrounded by water... is this MY fault? Should I have known that I need to purchase boats? Is it a glitch? Is there any way to save this gallant crew in sea water? HELP!!!

Svennemir -> (4/18/2002 2:27:13 AM)

You shouldn't complain! :mad:

It's a miracle they could swim all that way, and they did it for YOU!

mogami -> LOL another one for the "don't you hate it when thread" (4/18/2002 2:56:48 AM)

OK you started with all the units already on the Island and then called for reinforcments? Wonder how many turns they can tread water. Chalk it up to experiance.

Supervisor -> (4/18/2002 4:45:51 AM)

Mine usually drown as the 100lb rucksack seems to be a little much for them to tread water!LOL:cool: If they arrive in the water they usually arrive via a landing craft of some sort automatically.

tracer -> (4/18/2002 6:13:56 AM)

On a map that has all water hexes along 'your' edge, the only reinforcement you can receive are aircraft and naval arty (if available).

Goblin -> (4/18/2002 6:35:01 AM)

Did you try amphibious units? Don't know if they would work or not. Italy has frogmen! Oh, for some SEAL's.....;) :)

Goblin

WhiteRook -> (4/18/2002 6:59:27 AM)

Ok when dealing with "Island" scenarios it is wise for the designer to keep a small 3-6 hex plain land spot in one cornor or the spot of your choosing along the far edge.
From here your reinforcements can pop up and you send your boats from the previous landings to pick them up and transport them back to the invasion beaches! This gives a whole new meaning to taking care of your landing craft for the player by the way! ;)
It sounds like a weird way to go about things I know but it does work as intended! :)

Rook

Bernie -> (4/18/2002 9:09:39 AM)

What? They didn't bring their assault boats with them?

We'll have to assign them some KP for that...

AgentRoo -> SEALs? (5/2/2002 9:50:26 PM)

SBS were there first, Goblin.
And also SRS, Commandos and other similar units.
SEALs? Pah!

Goblin -> (5/3/2002 5:40:51 AM)

Special Boat Service. Is that some sailing service for the handicapped?

Goblin- A Goblin wants a ride:D

Bernie -> (5/3/2002 7:00:31 AM)

I've always wondered why we have SAS, commandos, Rangers, etc in the game, but no UDT? I suppose it's because the game engine can't handle anything that can hide underwater. Wonder if they'll be in CL?

Charles2222 -> Reinforcements in the water (5/3/2002 8:58:03 PM)

"Fire in the sky?"

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI