Amateur League of America (ALA) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> The Locker

Menschenfresser -> Amateur League of America (ALA) (10/28/2008 2:37:13 AM)

One League; Three Divisions; Eight Teams Per

Amateur League of America

WESTERN DIVISION:
Albuquerque
Spokane
Boise City
Colorado Springs
Salem
Anchorage
Reno
Salinas

CENTRAL DIVISION
Shreveport
Fort Wayne
Brownsville
Youngstown
Duluth
Jackson
Flint
Green Bay

EASTERN DIVISION
Daytona Beach
Portland
Atlantic City
Charleston
Utica
Waterbury
Savannah
Erie

I am owner of the Anchorage Icebears and have put myself in the team under the name of Zax Hutchinson. I am not managing each game, only shuffling the line up, trading, etc. I am trying to watch each game as I find that more interesting. I hope to fill this thread with the occasional report. The season is set to local finances, DH, and moderate number of players so as not to have a massive minor league to deal with (I don't recall the actual number right now). 162 game season.

After eight games, my team is a dismal 2-6. Albuquerque leads the western division and the Icebears are in last.

We just completed our second game against the Boise City Congressionals. In game one we defeated them soundly 9-2. However today, in front of a home crowd they extracted revenge shutting us out 4-0. By the third inning the Congressionals led 3-0 due to a error by my left fielder and home run by their right fielder Jerry Maly (his third). Several times the Icebears managed to get men in scoring position, but nothing came of it. The Congressionals scored again in the final inning. Zax Hutchinson batted 1-4.

Menschenfresser's MVP of the game goes to David Brown of Boise City, who batted 3 for 4, with one double and two RBIs.

Menschenfresser -> April 10, 2008 (10/28/2008 12:44:31 PM)

Anchorage 5, Boise City 2

Hagan really shut down Boise's hitters this game. Anchorage was up by 4 after the first two innings. Moore with a double in the 2nd knocked in 3 RBIs. Boise never recovered, switching pitchers by the 3rd and their hitters never able to find a zone. Another error in the outfield (my RF Branstetter) threatened to turn the game around in the top of the 7th. That put Boise runners on 2nd and 3rd, but luckily Hagan came up with a K to get 3 outs.

Menschenfresser's MVP of the game goes to Franklin Hagan, the Anchorage pitcher who came up with more than one crucial strike out. Close second was Herbert Moore, who would have gotten it had he not gone 1 for 4, although he batted in 3 runs.

Zax Hutchinson batted 1 for 4 with one stolen base.

Menschenfresser -> April 11, 2008 (10/29/2008 12:13:19 AM)

Salem 7, Anchorage 2

First game against the Salem Witches on the road. Both teams scored in the second. Moore belted a triple and was batted in by Rouse. The middle three saw both teams scoreless until the flood gates opened at the bottom of the 6th when Salem knocked in 5 runs. That pretty much ended it. 'Wildman' Aiken, the Icebears' pitcher, was handed his third loss. Living up to his name, he struck out 8, walked 3 and and allowed 10 hits in just 5 innings. David Roberson, of Salem, got his second win (2-1) and damn near pitched the whole game, 8.1 innings.

I shuffled the line-ups pretty heavily this game, giving some of the bench warmers a chance to step up. The Icebears have a big problem getting people around third. Both teams got 11 hits.

Menschenfresser's MVP of the game goes to Francisco Read, the Salem catcher, who while he didn't do anything spectacular, hit 3 for 3 with one BB. I feel like awarding consistency.

Zax Hutchinson batted, yet again, 1 for 4 and was thrown out stealing second, which if he hadn't done so, probably would have scored, as the batter after him, Richard Wild, hit a deep double. So it goes.

Menschenfresser -> April 12, 2008 (10/29/2008 3:23:21 PM)

Anchorage 6, Salem 4

I believe in miracles! I'm still in shock. Let me collect myself and see if I can bring the readers of this little column into what just transpired.

Game two against Salem on the road. As you remember last game, we couldn't get anything to work. This game started out the same. In the 3rd and 4th innings, Salem hit three lonely homers to go up by three. In the 5th, they batted in another run. All the while, the Icebears were doing little but giving the Witches some easy fielding practice. Pop flies and strike outs galore. Practically nothing through six innings. John Siemens, Salem's starting pitcher, shut down my entire rotation. Zax Hutchinson struck out his first 3 times at bat. It was painful to watch.

Ninth inning and I figure it's all over but tossing my empty beer bottle in the garbage can at the top of the steps on the way to my car. Zax is first up to bat. Low and behold, he's walked. Then Richard Wild gets a hit. Men on first and second. Next Moore, knocks in Zax and both runners manage to take an extra base.

4 to 1. No outs. Men on second and third. Salem pulls in Marc Chadbourne out of the bull pin and Anchorage brings in Branstetter to pinch hit for Rouse. Branstetter singles knocking in both Wild and Moore.

Holy sheet, it's now 4 to 3. Still no men out and a man on 1st.

Next up, is Jeffrey Nelson who strikes out. Cardoza, who by his talent is supposed to be my crusher, but can't seem to hit the ball if we allow him to use a tee, singles.

With men on 1st and 2nd, Clarence Ford pops out to deep center. Well, damn, I think. That's probably the end of it. Shannon Taylor is up who is an average hitter with abysmal strength.

BAM! Three run homer. 6 to 4. I spill my beer on the lady in the seat in front of me.

Boose, up next, walks. Oh, it's just gravy by now.

Last but not least, as if the universe decides it needs to both upset the equilibrium and balance itself back out in the same 9 innings, the rotation starts over and yours truly, Zax Hutchinson, is back at the plate. He pops out with a cute little fly ball to 3rd. I groan.

Menschenfresser's MVP of the game: This is a difficult one. I'd like to give it to the Salem pitcher, John Siemens, but they didn't end up winning. This is one the manager lost. He should have pulled Siemens before the 9th, but I understand the desire to let him get the full shut out. No, I'm going to take the easy route and give it to Shannon Taylor, who hit the game winning homer.

Zax Hutchinson hit 0 for 4. Scored one run. Walked once. And struck out 3 times.

Menschenfresser -> RE: April 12, 2008 (10/29/2008 3:30:26 PM)

Standings after Apr. 11th 2008

[image]local://upfiles/11484/CF53B04A2A6B4C0C97E4F1B236E7FFC4.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI