Running problems (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support

Wolfie1 -> Running problems (10/29/2008 5:43:23 PM)

I have just installed the game from CD, when I click on the link on the desktop, all I get is a black screen - I can get the game to run by getting into the individual files and clicking on the appropriate Icons but this is both fiddly and unreliable (I cant all ways remember the name of the file I need). I'm pretty sure that the screen is there as running my mouse over it produces the odd battle noise, I'd just like to see the screen in full so I can launch the game.
Running Win98SE and DirectX 9

Jason Petho -> RE: Running problems (10/29/2008 5:52:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wolfie1

I have just installed the game from CD, when I click on the link on the desktop, all I get is a black screen - I can get the game to run by getting into the individual files and clicking on the appropriate Icons but this is both fiddly and unreliable (I cant all ways remember the name of the file I need). I'm pretty sure that the screen is there as running my mouse over it produces the odd battle noise, I'd just like to see the screen in full so I can launch the game.
Running Win98SE and DirectX 9

Have you installed the 1.04 UPDATE?

Jason Petho

Wolfie1 -> RE: Running problems (10/29/2008 6:27:21 PM)

I've not installed it yet as I cant see the screen with the update button - so I'm not sure where to download it, do I just dump it into the JTCS folder and it will automatically update correctly?

Jason Petho -> RE: Running problems (10/29/2008 6:37:25 PM)

You can download the zip file anywhere on your machine. Unzipping the file will reveal an EXE file that you double-click. It will ask you where you want the UPDATE installed. Keep your password handy.

Jason Petho

Wolfie1 -> RE: Running problems (10/29/2008 6:46:45 PM)

OK, I'll give that a go - will post the result

Wolfie1 -> RE: Running problems (10/30/2008 3:49:03 PM)

Well, I've installed the 1.04 patch and now I cannot run the game at all - it is giving me error code 486[:@]

Jason Petho -> RE: Running problems (10/30/2008 4:13:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wolfie1

Well, I've installed the 1.04 patch and now I cannot run the game at all - it is giving me error code 486[:@]

Error code 486 is a registration issue.

I'd recommend a complete uninstall and reinstall, something appears to have gone astray with your original install.

When you get to that point, make sure you are adding the UPDATE to the original installation.

Jason Petho

Wolfie1 -> RE: Running problems (10/30/2008 4:30:57 PM)

Thanks for the swift reply - I have had a registry problem, looks like thats it. Well, here I go again............

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI