Tutorial documentation would be nice for scenario editor and database editing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare

Blacklight -> Tutorial documentation would be nice for scenario editor and database editing (10/29/2008 8:44:38 PM)

This is just a thought. I was considering giving a try to building my first scenario today when I realised that there is no tutorials for how to use the scenario editor and as much as I looked through the manuals, I could find only information about "Stuff you should put in your scenarios" and "Stuff you should keep in mind as you design". Just looking at the editor alone without any kind of tutorial or instruction was mind boggling.

That set me to thinking that it would be very nice to have a couple of tutorial manuals that say.. walk you through the creation of a scenario and also maybe a tutorial that walks you through editing the database (I know there's a manual for this, but a tutorial may help expediate the process of learning as it would refer to areas in the Database Editing manual, but you would literally see the results with what you're doing).

The scenario editor DEFINITELY needs a tutorial to walk someone through the building of their first scenario. An actual separate manual for it would be nice as well.

hermanhum -> Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB (10/29/2008 8:52:44 PM)

Try this old H3 document for some additional help on the Scenario Editor. It actually gives some instruction on the basic SE commands.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FilesOfScenShare/files/Design%20%20and%20tactical%20tips%20/H3%20Advanced%20Features%20Manual.zip

There's no tutorial, but there is a simple walk-through example.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI