Thinking of "Going German" for a Campaign (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

KG Erwin -> Thinking of "Going German" for a Campaign (11/1/2008 1:21:51 AM)

I haven't adopted the role of the Germans for several years, so I'm thinking of getting into the proper mindset to do so. In our quest to expand the Reich and acquire Lebensraum, our technology and racial superiority will undoubtedly triumph over the Untermenschen. We may be outnumbered, but we must have faith in the ultimate triumph of our will.

I'm kidding. I long ago decided I'd never play as the right-wing extremist "bad guys" again. My Marines fight for the America of FDR and Truman. [:'(]

forgorin -> RE: Thinking of "Going German" for a Campaign (11/7/2008 7:35:19 AM)

Lame

Five_of_Swords -> RE: Thinking of "Going German" for a Campaign (11/26/2008 7:30:18 AM)

I enjoy playing the germans, but oddly enough im not a facist...its just a game and they have neat units. You gotta love awesome tanks named after big cats. Is this wrong of me?

Kuokkanen -> RE: Thinking of "Going German" for a Campaign (11/26/2008 6:28:13 PM)

Not really, for I feel the same [:D]

m10bob -> RE: Thinking of "Going German" for a Campaign (11/26/2008 6:33:12 PM)

I like to play German units..I have tried several and have had a good time with most.

Of course, my favorite is the American army.

KG Erwin -> RE: Thinking of "Going German" for a Campaign (11/26/2008 7:53:07 PM)

It doesn't take much to get certain peeps riled up about the Germans, but this IS a game we're talking about. Besides, my forum name displays my former favorite side to play as.

When I was 10-11 years old, the first proper military history book I bought with my allowance was Guderian's "Panzer Leader". My first wargame was Avalon Hill's "Stalingrad".

It wasn't until after I started playing SPWaW that I "discovered" the Pacific Theater, and became fascinated with the USMC. Bill Wilder provided the inspiration, and I've never looked back.

That being said, there's nothing intrinsically "wrong" about playing as the Germans or any other Axis nation.

Maciste -> RE: Thinking of "Going German" for a Campaign (12/15/2008 6:02:58 PM)

Last time I played with the Germans, I found myself suddenly in the middle of my polish neighbour's dinner-room, yelling something about conquering Warsaw. [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI