Punting (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS)

hack153 -> Punting (11/2/2008 11:55:59 PM)

it seems that punters in the game punt the ball way too fast, which is not realistic.

i am going to start making the punter wait .5 to 1 Seconds before punting. (1.5 is way too long and the punter usually gets tackled)

this may allow for some rare blocks. we'll have to see how this works.

plus, it allows for the coverage team to set up better. i have seen too many PR go for a TD.

perhaps doing something similar with FG might allow for a block once in a long while.

thoughts?

Frido1207 -> RE: Punting (11/3/2008 12:10:10 AM)

i would like to see an occasional punt or FG block.
But i´ve never seen a PR or KR going for a TD.
So i´m wondering a bit, what you´ve discovered here?

hack153 -> RE: Punting (11/3/2008 12:47:52 AM)

i've seen multiple KR/PR TDs in one game. 

with "wait .5 seconds", i have had some close plays with the punter.  "wait 1 second" seems to long for the punter to hold the ball. "wait 1.5 seconds" usually ends up with the punter being tackled.

wait .15 to .25 seconds on a FG looks good. it allows some players to break through the line, and jump at the ball and give players a chance to respond. just "place kick" happens way too fast.

there has been some debate if punts/kicks can actually be blocked.

Mykal -> RE: Punting (11/3/2008 3:17:02 AM)

Interesting...............

would be real interested to know if after having added the wait command
wether or not you have actually seen a blocked punt
and if it actually makes any difference to the mulitiple punt returns for TD

DONMVP -> RE: Punting (11/7/2008 9:04:49 AM)

I`ve also seen several punt and kick returns for td`s , mostly in cfl game play . Would be interesting to see a punt or field goal block.

hack153 -> RE: Punting (11/10/2008 2:42:00 PM)

I have yet to see one blocked, but i've seen it come close. 

Marauders -> RE: Punting (11/10/2008 5:37:16 PM)

I see punt and kick returns for TDs in the 3D game but not the sim, and we are talking about the 3D game.

I don't recall seeing a blocked kick.

When testing a new special teams play, I did see the kicker run off the field; then the players ran around for a while, and then the kicker ran back onto the field and kicked the field goal.  My son and I were laughing for almost ten minutes after witnessing that event.  It was too funny.

OB Potter -> RE: Punting (11/13/2008 12:25:59 AM)

Never seen a blocked kick of any kind. I have had back to back KR's for TDs and a PR in the same game.
Anybody design  a play with a dropkick?
[8D]

Deft -> RE: Punting (11/15/2008 2:46:05 PM)

I have done a lot of work on this subject. You should also delay your blockers.  You can also do bump and run coverage for the blockers for more realistic on line blocking.

hack153 -> RE: Punting (11/16/2008 2:02:56 AM)

good idea about delaying the blockers.

DAWUSS -> RE: Punting (11/16/2008 2:59:45 AM)

Now all we'd need to do is have some bad snaps in there... But as we know that's a bit more difficult to pull off in MFB

hack153 -> RE: Punting (11/16/2008 4:59:23 AM)

hell, i've never even seen that in Madden!

Mykal -> RE: Punting (12/8/2008 3:34:04 AM)

so how's this worked on reducing the number of PR for TD
I'm interested to know because I've been countering it by using slow return men
which works someway but is a little odd to do - making the slowest guys the returners, just dont make sense really
but it has worked on reducing the number of returned punts

Old Coach -> RE: Punting (12/8/2008 10:01:38 AM)

The question about blocked kicks has come up before. I don't recall which thread it's in. I don't think there's an animation for blocking a kick. It's possible to have a punter tackled before he kicks the ball if there is a long enough wait time before he kicks.

Old Coach

mbsports -> RE: Punting (12/8/2008 4:25:23 PM)

For reducing TD returns I've had some success lately by making sure that the team's fastest players are on kick coverage.  That's not an alien concept either.  It seems to be working so far.

Mykal -> RE: Punting (12/8/2008 5:20:57 PM)

Oh yer, it works not allowing the speedster's to be the return men
I've been doing this a while and testing with it to see how things unfold
I've also just implemented the .5 wait command on the punter to give that a try too

I'll let you know how that unfolds MB

Mykal -> RE: Punting (12/9/2008 2:53:19 AM)

Hacks .5 wait command on the punt work really well
saw my first game without a single punt returned foe a TD
usually I see at least one............. [:D][:D][:D]....... excellent

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI