Purchased on 11-3-08 - installer won't unzip (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support

mjkelly111 -> Purchased on 11-3-08 - installer won't unzip (11/4/2008 6:09:54 AM)

I purchased the download version game today and was provided a link to download the following file from Digital River (I clicked on the US site download, since I live in California):
HarpoonCommandersEdition-SetupRelease-v2008-024.zip

Upon unzipping, I get an error message, specifically:
=================
Extracting to "C:\Harpoon\"
Use Path: no Overlay Files: yes
Extracting HarpoonCommandersEdition-SetupRelease-v2008-024.exe
bad CRC 5a2a0fb8 (should be c7c21421)
Warning: the size of the extracted file (347023065) does not match the uncompressed size (347023064) recorded in the zip file
=================
After playing around, I was able to install what amounted to a corrupted copy of the game (after choosing "Ignore" about 200 times during install when it couldn't find the file(s) it wanted), which I couldn't update with either of the patches that are made available at the website - the game just won't open up.

Has anybody else encountered this issue and found a workaround or solution. I poked around a bit in this forum and on Google, but couldn't find anything. I also posted a trouble ticket at Matrix Games support, but thought I'd try here as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice or "point in the right direction" that anybody can give. I'm feeling pretty DEU-ish (Defective End User).

ruixilyy -> RE: Purchased on 11-3-08 - installer won't unzip (11/4/2008 11:40:52 AM)

I didn't have such kind of problem when I purchased and downloaded the installer months ago. I strongly suggest that you re-download the installer and try it again, for the reason that you would have downloaded a corrupted zipfile.  

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI