RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets

e_barkmann -> RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (6/21/2009 6:47:09 AM)

quote:

Thanks for that one. Have you progressed it past the 0.9 phase? I remember when it came out you said that it had plenty of things yet to do, when I checked on SSG about a week ago, I didn't see a new post about it.

what I wrote was it needed a jolly good balance. The scenario is complete apart from adjusting vp's etc based on what results are posted by players. There have been a few posts about it but I will wait for more results before tinkering further and releasing the final version.

cheers

geozero -> RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (8/16/2009 3:56:14 AM)

No one from SSG has ever contacted me to help design scenarios. At one point I believe they said they would send me a copy of the game. I mean, I'm going to spend hundreds of hours and God knows how much research money/time, then I would think they could get one game out... but alas, it has not happened. So...

e_barkmann -> RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (8/16/2009 10:19:55 AM)

Although I'm not from SSG, I sent you an email ages ago but you never responded. Perhaps it got trapped in your spam filter.

cheers

geozero -> RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (8/16/2009 6:15:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Merchant

Although I'm not from SSG, I sent you an email ages ago but you never responded. Perhaps it got trapped in your spam filter.

cheers

Sorry Chris, I did not get that email. Because my email is run through a private service (not yahoo or gmail) it has its own servers system that blocks emails sometimes. An unfortunate drawback to running your own businesses sometimes.

geozero -> RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (8/19/2009 3:57:13 AM)

Where's everybody? Gregor hasn't been by the boards in months...

Noakesy -> RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (8/19/2009 7:57:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geozero

They are often on the Run5 forum, but I think also they are currently on hols and at least one of them (can't recall which, but think it was Gregor) has been away for a few weeks.

Gregor_SSG -> RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (8/20/2009 8:15:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Noakesy

quote:

ORIGINAL: geozero

They are often on the Run5 forum, but I think also they are currently on hols and at least one of them (can't recall which, but think it was Gregor) has been away for a few weeks.

Yes, I was away on holidays in Europe but I'm back now and happy to answer any questions.

Gregor

TheWombat_matrixforum -> RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (8/20/2009 12:10:08 PM)

Welcome back, and I hope you had a great vacation! As for questions, um, I think the one everyone is wanting to ask is, when will we see AotD II? Any estimates? Oh, and any other scenarios you folks might be working on (Italy or what not) of course!

Gregor_SSG -> RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (8/22/2009 4:24:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheWombat

Welcome back, and I hope you had a great vacation! As for questions, um, I think the one everyone is wanting to ask is, when will we see AotD II? Any estimates? Oh, and any other scenarios you folks might be working on (Italy or what not) of course!

Well, ATD is getting closer. It's a huge scenario so the AI and variants are taking some time, but we are making progess. I'm playing a game against the Russian AI at the moment. I thought I was doing rather well, but all these new Russian units just materialised (or so it seemed) and I'm now bogged down in front of Smolensk.

Gregor

TheWombat_matrixforum -> RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (8/22/2009 12:36:11 PM)

Cool. Yeah, the AI and AO stuff in Kharkov is really great but I can imagine it takes an eternity to design things right using all the bells and whistles.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gregor_SSG

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheWombat

Well, ATD is getting closer. It's a huge scenario so the AI and variants are taking some time, but we are making progess. I'm playing a game against the Russian AI at the moment. I thought I was doing rather well, but all these new Russian units just materialised (or so it seemed) and I'm now bogged down in front of Smolensk.

Gregor

jeffreysutro@jeffreysutro.com -> RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (8/22/2009 5:08:01 PM)

From the above it sounds like Across the Dneiper will be a single very large scenerio. Is that correct? Are there any plans for smaller sub-scenerios, or perhaps scenerios using a smaller scale? I'm confident it will be an outstanding product in any case, but having some additional, relatively quick to play, scenerios would add even more variety and value.

Gregor_SSG -> RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (8/23/2009 5:07:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffreys

From the above it sounds like Across the Dneiper will be a single very large scenerio. Is that correct? Are there any plans for smaller sub-scenerios, or perhaps scenerios using a smaller scale? I'm confident it will be an outstanding product in any case, but having some additional, relatively quick to play, scenerios would add even more variety and value.

Across the Dnepr is really one big battle, there's no subdivision that seems natural. However you will also a reworked Operation Husky (the invasion of Sicily) which is a much smaller scenario.

Gregor

Noypi53 -> RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (8/23/2009 2:18:52 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffreys

Across the Dnepr is really one big battle, there's no subdivision that seems natural. However you will also a reworked Operation Husky (the invasion of Sicily) which is a much smaller scenario.

Gregor

Gregor,

Will ATD & Operation Husky be sold/released as separate scenarios or will Husky be included in the ATD release?

Gregor_SSG -> RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (8/28/2009 6:51:56 AM)

Across the Dnepr will be an expansion pack for Kharkov and Husky will be included for free along with ATD. It's hard to beat that for value!

Gregor

TheWombat_matrixforum -> RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (8/28/2009 2:43:22 PM)

Husky is a great scenario; I find myself replaying it often in BII, and I think with the AO and AI improvements it should be a real dandy. Looking forward to both.

quote:

Across the Dnepr will be an expansion pack for Kharkov and Husky will be included for free along with ATD. It's hard to beat that for value!

Gregor

jeffreysutro@jeffreysutro.com -> RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (8/28/2009 5:27:20 PM)

quote:

Gregor

It is indeed hard to beat that for value! My mouth is watering for this expansion, and my mouse finger is twitching. [:D]

Hexagon -> RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (8/28/2009 7:53:14 PM)

Well, i am interesting in give an opportunity to SSG games, i want buy Kharkov as Christmas gift (and have a little discount hehehe) and i ask if the expansion/add-on could be ready to holidays??? thanks for all [&o]

Noypi53 -> RE: Good gaming system ... Desparately need additional scenarios (8/29/2009 4:44:34 AM)

quote:

Gregor

Great value indeed!! [&o] I hope this means that the other BiI scenarios will also be released for Kharkov, soon!

Good luck with the ongoing work.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI