Captured Equipment (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Quixote -> Captured Equipment (11/8/2008 4:13:08 AM)

For those of you who wanted the ability to use captured equipment in WitP, apparently now you can ( or the war was going so badly for my PBEM opponent that some of his troops decided to defect. )

[image][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/8475/ce2nx9.png[/IMG][/URL][/image]

Lord knows I've had my share of British pilots captaining my Japanese ships and Dutch generals taking my I-Boats out for test drives, but this was a new one for me. The unit did allow me to draft British pilots, so that I could save the ones in my pool for other duties, but I drew the line at putting my opponents best British air commander in charge of a transport fragment in Japanese service. Seemed just a bit too gamey. His second or third best guy will just have to do.

morganbj -> RE: Captured Equipment (11/8/2008 4:26:58 AM)

Wow!  What a pic.  I can almost see that it is from WITP.  Kinda looks like a Gooney Bird in Niponese service.

rtrapasso -> RE: Captured Equipment (11/8/2008 4:51:59 AM)

This is a problem that pops up once in a while... good thing it is a transport unit... when it's bombers, the "defected unit" tends to keep attacking the side it defected to... [X(] [:-]

AirGriff -> RE: Captured Equipment (11/8/2008 2:53:19 PM)

quote:

This is a problem that pops up once in a while... good thing it is a transport unit... when it's bombers, the "defected unit" tends to keep attacking the side it defected to

Awesome!  How do I send some of those over to the other side?  A good bomb group of B-29's, maybe [:D]

Q-Ball -> RE: Captured Equipment (11/8/2008 3:16:21 PM)

You might as well get the 5 pilots from the Allied pool. Captives!

Could be just an L2D2 in Brit colors, no?

rader -> RE: Captured Equipment (11/8/2008 4:33:11 PM)

Could you please use those transports to fly supplies to my troops in Sabang?

Quixote -> RE: Captured Equipment (11/8/2008 10:27:28 PM)

For those of you playing at home, they ended up being double agents. They lasted one turn under the Emperor, then flew back to their lines under cover of darkness. Looks like I'll be facing a critical shortage of transports again with those five gone.

And to Rader - after they surrender we'll give them plenty of rice and sake. Tell them they'll get nothing if they continue being stubborn, though.

fokkov -> RE: Captured Equipment (11/9/2008 12:08:15 PM)

I just found a similar situation in my game .
N01 Raaf flying hudsons, showed up a fragment in SF (attached to australia command [&:] )
So looked for the parent unit which seems to be stationed at Maccassar, which is in Japanese hands [:@]
I hope the guys get homesick and return .

Funny thing is that although they where also attached to australia command i could only transfer them to Japanese bases .
Also i could view the Japanese land units stationed at Maccasar. [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI