BOB on Vista (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich

Morgan60 -> BOB on Vista (11/10/2008 9:14:27 AM)

Hello

I have updated my computer to Vista and now BOB will not run is there any patch or something I need to do to get it to run?

Any help would be appreciated

Denniss -> RE: BOB on Vista (11/10/2008 12:41:59 PM)

Is the problem with installing BoB or with running it under Vista ?
For the runnign problem try to run it in Win9x compatibility mode (if that option is still available).
For the instaling problem try to install it on another computer with an older OS and copy this installation folder to your new comp.

Morgan60 -> RE: BOB on Vista (11/15/2008 4:52:18 AM)

No it seems to load ok but it says that it cannot load a drm3.dll is missing

wernerpruckner -> RE: BOB on Vista (11/15/2008 5:10:22 AM)

download directx for vista....vista is sometimes missing a few dlls

Hard Sarge -> RE: BOB on Vista (11/15/2008 5:12:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Morgan60

No it seems to load ok but it says that it cannot load a drm3.dll is missing

what Drm3.dll is missing ?

we may be able to just post that one, or if we can find what puts it in (maybe a cabinet file) we can find the link to it ?

cap87 -> RE: BOB on Vista (11/28/2008 5:07:07 PM)

I get the same error too each time I try to run BTR on vista, It`s asking me for the same dll but honetly I dont want to risk to mess up my sistem since i use to computer not only for fun but also for work.  Did anybody else find a solution or tested if the missing dll actually fix the problem? Ciao

cap87 -> RE: BOB on Vista (12/6/2008 5:17:59 AM)

well I could not resist any more and I decided to give a try downloading the missing dll and I`ve been pleasly surprised that Btr runs in vista smooth as never before. I just had to add the drm3.dll to the game folder and it easily solved the issue.

wernerpruckner -> RE: BOB on Vista (12/6/2008 7:21:28 AM)

I told you so [:'(]

[:)]

toast_1 -> RE: BOB on Vista (4/5/2009 3:00:43 PM)

I just thought I would confirm that the Ole BTR runs fine under Vista Home. I installed BTR with patches on a brand new laptop running Vista Home. I needed to DL and install drm3.dll to the game folder as reported by cap87 and swift. BTR is running fine :) , however fonts could look better.

Hard Sarge -> RE: BOB on Vista (4/5/2009 3:06:41 PM)

I have been able to play our verison of the game on a laptop with Vista 64 on it, and it runs very smooth, seems quicker then my home computer (but I didn't add it with a installer, so don't know how well it installs, hear there are some trouble with small bit installers on 64 bit OS's)

but when the next installer is made, I will add it that way to be sure

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI