WaR on backorder ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Lützow -> WaR on backorder ? (11/12/2008 9:49:43 PM)

2 weeks ago I purchased a 'physical' copy of Wacht am Rhein. Unfortunately I first entered a wrong shipping address and immediately sent a mail to DR customer service in order to rectify this. See my posting below:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1945542

Anyway, while waiting for my game I was just looking at the 'find my orders' page and realized that it's not shipped yet. In addition they still have the wrong address at the order page.

Order Number: 1646280115
Order Status: Backordered
Purchase Date:29-OCT-08
1 Close Combat Wacht am Rhein - Physical + Digital, Pending Shipment

So how do I get DR to ship my order ? There is a reason I always purchase boxed versions.

Terminus -> RE: WaR on backorder ? (11/13/2008 9:29:22 AM)

Backorder means they've run out and are waiting for more copies. They can't ship what they don't have.

Erik Rutins -> RE: WaR on backorder ? (11/13/2008 11:54:34 AM)

We did indeed run out of the initial stock in our UK warehouse, but more is already on the way, but was sent by a slower method. The initial stock in the UK, albeit small, ran out much more quickly than we expected.

If you're the customer who e-mailed me regarding the address change, I did forward that on to the store and though they haven't been able to do that in the past, they told me they could in this case. I thought it had been changed.

Lützow -> RE: WaR on backorder ? (11/14/2008 6:26:18 AM)

Yes, I'm the customer who emailed you, Erik.

And it's good to hear, Matrix sold more than expected. Just crossing fingers that DR got it right with the address change.

Lützow -> RE: WaR on backorder ? (11/19/2008 9:15:33 AM)

Well, I just got notified by mail that WaR has been shipped yesterday and guess what, they didn't consider my request. Can anyone tell me what is so hard about changing a house number within a time frame of 3 weeks, when the game was still on back order ? For me this shows either lazyness or incompetence and I wonder why DR has a so called 'customer service' when they ignore it though. Matrix would be better advised to finally get rid of this distributor and look for a decent one.

Yes, I'm mad now, even I know it won't help because I got charged for this game already and nobody cares anyway. All I can do is hoping UPS will be more smart than DR - and spreading the word within my home community that, while Matrix releases decent titles, the distributor simply suck and one can just pray to never rely on their customer service.

In case somebody of DR should bother to read this forum now and then: thank you for making my day.

Over and out.

Marc von Martial -> RE: WaR on backorder ? (11/19/2008 10:37:51 AM)

Lützow, I'm sorry about the problems with DR's customer service.

But you would be surprised to hear that this is not only DR's customer service. I could write a book about customer service of fullfillment agencies, phone providers, mobile providers, the local energy company, mail, courier services, you name it. It is a general problem of how customer service is handled these days.

Example. I recently changed my last name due to getting married, you would think that Deutsche Bank, a major global player, would be able to have the name change reflect in all instances once I notified them of it and provided the needed paperwork, not? Well, I'm hunting down currently all the possibilities where my lastname is present. I have sofar called my personal (yep, since I have a business account I have a personal support guy) support 5 times because they still do not have it right after 2 months!

That being said. DR is the biggest and best you can get when it comes to global fullfillment. And yes, they sometimes do not look pretty. But 99% of our orders are fullfilled 100% correct and to the customers satisfaction.

Lützow -> RE: WaR on backorder ? (11/19/2008 12:05:56 PM)

Marc, I'm aware that mistakes can happen. However, what makes me so angry here is about how DR purposedly disregarding customers. They don't maintain an open board and appearantly never read their mails. They're not even responding when Erik, regarding his post above, sent them an additional notification. It's not for the first time for me, neither I would be the only one, who got issues with this company. Considering global distributors I could point to GamersGate at least running a support forum and responding within an appropriate time frame to requests. So you know, unlike DR, somebody from customer service will read it and care about your problem.

Anyway, in case WaR won't arrive at my place for UPS not finding me, how do I get refunded for the amount between digital download and boxed version ?

Erik Rutins -> RE: WaR on backorder ? (11/19/2008 12:10:07 PM)

Hi again,

Well, they told me they had changed it. Great. I'll get back in touch with them today - given that they did claim to have changed it we should be able to get them to ship out another copy at their cost to the correct address. Can you e-mail me again with the address you want it sent to please?

Regards,

- Erik

Lützow -> RE: WaR on backorder ? (11/19/2008 12:27:51 PM)

Mailed you the correct address, Erik. Sorry for inconvenience.

And regarding to the shipment notification I received, DR still used the wrong address.

Marc von Martial -> RE: WaR on backorder ? (11/19/2008 1:56:38 PM)

It might also be they changed it for shipping but it is not reflected in your reminder email.

Marc von Martial -> RE: WaR on backorder ? (11/19/2008 1:58:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lützow

However, what makes me so angry here is about how DR purposedly disregarding customers.
They're not even responding when Erik, regarding his post above, sent them an additional notification.

Well, I do not want to defend DR, but I do not think they do it purposely to piss of customers. They do have weak spots, that's for sure. And according to Erik's post above they did reply him and told him it was fixed.

Anyway, we will get this sorted out for you.

Lützow -> RE: WaR on backorder ? (12/2/2008 11:05:41 PM)

/push

Three weeks ago since my copy of WAR has been shipped. It usually doesn't take longer than 7 days for me, to recieve a mailing from DR.

Can you verify please that it was sent to correct address ?

Erik Rutins -> RE: WaR on backorder ? (12/2/2008 11:54:28 PM)

I'll check - when I checked after shipment, I confirmed that it went to the right address. What shipping method had you chosen?

Lützow -> RE: WaR on backorder ? (12/3/2008 12:25:48 AM)

As usual the standard shipment by UPS which get offered from DR.

I don't think there are different shipment options for German customers.

Lützow -> RE: WaR on backorder ? (12/15/2008 11:28:21 AM)

Almost one month ago since my copy of WaR was dispatched and I think it's safe to assume now that it won't reach me anymore but returned to sender. What implies that DR has knowledge about this incident, didn't bother to inform me by mail and ignored Erik's request as well.

I'm not going to vent here, threatening with lawsuit or saying that I won't ever buy another product from you, as I know Matrix isn't to blame for this but always keen to iron out mistakes. After all I at least got a download copy, which is still stored on my hard disk and can be burned on CD. What aggravates me in this particular case are not the few additional bucks I would spend on one or two beers as well, but rather how Digital River is disregarding customers once they got their money. No serious internet reseller can get away with this behaviour on the long run and succeed in business.

Matrix should really consider a more reliable distributor, since DR is deteriorating their reputation and all the hard work you guys put into this project. According to a German proverb this could be described as 'building up with the head and knocking down over the ass'. For one angry customer, expressing his disatification, there may be several more who are quiet about but simply don't buy anymore and even more people hesitating to order after reading these kind of complaints. Purchasing on the internet is still a matter of trust, for both sides.

I'm closing my comments now, hoping that I will at least receive a rebate voucher, according to the price difference between digital and physical copy of WaR, for my next purchase. And please don't take my post as offense but rather think over how the situation could be improved for the future.

Erik Rutins -> RE: WaR on backorder ? (12/16/2008 2:30:43 AM)

I've had them ship another copy at our cost, this time via trackable shipping. The first copy was shipped to the correct (changed) address via the shipping method you originally chose (postal mail) which is not the only choice but unfortunately the only untrackable choice.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI