Cant Connect-H2H (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> Tech Support

CeltiCid -> Cant Connect-H2H (11/13/2008 1:37:53 AM)

ok, this night was a nightmare.

This game is frustrating me a lot.

Its very hard to play h2h over internet.

first, i must say ive read a lot here and closecombatseries website. I KNOW what should be configured and how.

I have a router. I have ALL ports open, and also, the ports needed too. I have tried with windows vista and with xp, and its just impossible to host or to connect with anyone. It dosent matter if you have a modem, or you have a router, if you have open or closed ports, firewall or not. The game randomly connects. I have hosted succefully 2 times, and joined some times too. But sometimes, it is just impossible.

can someone write here a guide?

we tried by hamachi too, and looks bad. cant connect too.

thanks

dehm -> RE: Cant Connect-H2H (11/13/2008 1:42:12 AM)

I have problems too. I have played four times without problem, but in another three times it has been imposible.

I have tested with different SO's (XP SP3, VISTA), different connection type (cable, DSL, router, modem) and it doesn't work, it's random!!! The worst thing is to try one hour to connect to someone (TCP, UDP, Hamachi...) without success, then sudenly, without change nothing, it works... crazy!

I would like it works as CC5 where it you open ports, test to host and to join host and it works... it works always! Here i dont find the reasson and i'm lossing the best... H2H!

The game is great, mods are coming, the bugs are gone but connection problems are a big trouble in order to play H2H.

I hope someone solve it![&o] [&o] [&o]

dehm

Andrew Williams -> RE: Cant Connect-H2H (11/13/2008 1:57:08 AM)

Hamachi seems a problem

remove Hamachi

Five reports of successfull connection once Hamachi is removed.

If ports are open and your firewall(s), you may have more than one, are off or allowing CCe3.exe there shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1945059

Tejszd -> RE: Cant Connect-H2H (11/13/2008 2:01:55 AM)

Couple of things to watch;
1) are both people are selecting the same type of connection
2) what IP is the host using
--- if your computer is directly connected to the net it should be the computer IP
--- if you have a router the external IP should be used (unless both computers are on your home network then it can be the computer IP)

dehm -> RE: Cant Connect-H2H (11/13/2008 2:05:41 AM)

I have tried several times. And all of them as you say. I would like to know the reason but it seems to let connections one night, and denay another. We are trying to play an online GC but 50% of people cannot connect.

So... [:@][:@]

Thanks Tejszd

CeltiCid -> RE: Cant Connect-H2H (11/13/2008 12:15:12 PM)

ok, we FOUND THE PROBLEM!!

i was the HAMACHI installed on computer.

You cant play if you have it installed. It dosent matter if its not open, it modificate the network and block access to external ip.

UNINSTALL hamachi, open ports, tell the firewall what programs are allowed to go out, and you are done.

thanks.

Andrew Williams -> RE: Cant Connect-H2H (11/13/2008 6:44:23 PM)

As I said above

quote:

remove Hamachi

Close combat has never needed Hamachi to run.

dehm -> RE: Cant Connect-H2H (11/14/2008 2:10:04 AM)

It helped in some computers with CCV. I have played with it several times... but you are right, openning ports is the best method to play.

Thanks!

Leporello -> RE: Cant Connect-H2H (11/19/2008 10:50:22 AM)

I've tried connecting with 2 friends but with no success.
None game appears in the dialog box after pushing search for games. I've tried to join/host game both TCP and UDP. Hamachi is not installed. I'm afraid that my provider doesn't allow a direct connection with other PCs. Is there a way to check this?

I'm deeply disappointed as I've bought CC WAR only for MP as AI is no match after few battles. My suggestion is that next time a better effort should be put upgrading the game to gaming servers that permit to bypass direct connection only mode.
I'm no expert in router settings, I cannot even access my router config page.
What is worse is that I almost forced my 2 friends to buy CC WAR. [:@] Maybe next time a demo should be provided to check compatibility. They must still check their connection and I hope at least they can play together. Sadly it was better when we had 56k modem connection, I could easily play CC4 and CC5 with that hardware.

After reading the above replies, we checked connection installing hamachi but again with no result. Is it possible to have H2H with hamachi and CC WAR? And when positive which is the correct procedure?

Andrew Williams -> RE: Cant Connect-H2H (11/19/2008 6:46:44 PM)

Have you allowed CCE.exe through your firewall(s)?

Windows firewall, zonealarm,nortons etc and the firewall in your router?

quote:

I'm afraid that my provider doesn't allow a direct connection with other PCs. Is there a way to check this?

Ring your provider and ask

Also ring your routers help desk and tell them you want to play WaR.

give them the Port information and let them know CCE.exe has to beallowed through the firewall.

I had to set up my sons XBOX360 the same way allowing through the firewall and setting the ports.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI