patch Alert! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> World War One Gold

06 Maestro -> patch Alert! (11/18/2008 8:38:10 AM)

The patch was put up at Ageod 10 minutes ago.
Should we download ot from there, or should we wait for the Matrix version??

Primasprit -> RE: patch Alert! (11/18/2008 8:47:32 AM)

You can download the patch from AGEOD. [:)]

06 Maestro -> RE: patch Alert! (11/18/2008 9:01:43 AM)

Thanks for the quick response.

06 Maestro -> RE: patch Alert! (11/18/2008 9:07:54 AM)

Its working![:)] I was previously only able to use the Sebian scenario-Tannenberg is funtioning now-excellent.

waynenh57 -> RE: patch Alert! (11/18/2008 12:58:34 PM)

I downloaded the patch from AGEOD website and now my Matrix serial key is invalid.
Please help.

Wayne Heermans

sterckxe -> RE: patch Alert! (11/18/2008 1:04:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: waynenh57

I downloaded the patch from AGEOD website and now my Matrix serial key is invalid.
Please help.

Wayne Heermans

Reinstall the Matrix original version and wait for the Matrix packaging of this patch to become available. Shouldn't be too long.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Erik Rutins -> RE: patch Alert! (11/18/2008 1:28:35 PM)

quote:

Please help.

That's definitely not by design, this patch from AGEOD should have worked fine without us having to repackage it. I'll contact AGEOD right now.

Regards,

- Erik

Hanal -> RE: patch Alert! (11/18/2008 1:47:03 PM)

The patch seemed to work fine for Maestro06, but I'll wait to see if the patch comes here today.....

Primasprit -> RE: patch Alert! (11/18/2008 2:01:23 PM)

quote:

Please help.

Wayne Heermans

Hi Wayne!

Have you entered the key again after applying the patch using the configuration utility?
If it's still not working please write a mail to support@ageod.com.

Cheers
Norbert

Cannonfodder -> RE: patch Alert! (11/18/2008 2:55:25 PM)

I had the same problem with serial number. I deleated the game shortcut on my desk top and made a new one from the game folder and it worked.

Erik Rutins -> RE: patch Alert! (11/18/2008 2:56:46 PM)

Hi guys, here's the response from AGEOD:

"The key is NOT invlaid, you just need to have it re-entered. This is temporary and will not be the case in the future (this patch only). This is clearly described in the patch explanations on the forum."

So please remember to re-enter your serial number after applying this update. The best way to apply the update is to use the auto-updater we've linked in the "Update" link in our Game Menu.

Regards,

- Erik

Prospero -> RE: patch Alert! (11/18/2008 4:41:32 PM)

The auto-updater doesn't work. I reinstalled the matrix-package and the updater in the game menu tells me, there is no update.

Also, when installing the patch downloaded at AGEOD there is no possibility to enter my serial again. When I click "register" in the game menu, the program crashes. When I click play, it tells me, my serial is invalid and I cannot play. Please help!

06 Maestro -> RE: patch Alert! (11/18/2008 4:42:43 PM)

The patch does work. As stated above, it is necessary to re-enter the serial number. When you open the "configure game" from your program list, you will see the empty serial number box at top-I was there too.

Prospero -> RE: patch Alert! (11/18/2008 4:49:27 PM)

Thanks, Maestro, it's working now. Didn't know that I had to use the configuration program from my start menu. Quite unfriendly to force such complicated steps without explaining what to do. Just stating to "re-enter" the serial didn't help that much.

Greg Wilcox -> RE: patch Alert! (11/18/2008 6:36:48 PM)

Here is the responce from AGEOD in reguards to the updater:

"the "Update Game" link searchs the latest patch on the AgeOD server.
For the time being no ZIP patch has been published on this server.
Only the EXE patch is available for download, that is not "linked" to the "Update Game" button.
So players, for the time being, have to download "manually""

We've setup a link in our downloads section for everyone to use.
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/365/links/World.War.One.-.La.Grande.Guerre

-Greg

06 Maestro -> RE: patch Alert! (11/20/2008 5:26:26 PM)

An updated patch has been posted at Ageod; 104a.

http://www.ageod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11650

The details are listed there.

Edit: As Calvinus mentioned, it requires in a complete reinstall. The results of installing this patch on your current installation is a CTD. I have just confirmed this-twice.

tgb -> RE: patch Alert! (11/20/2008 7:22:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

An updated patch has been posted at Ageod; 104a.

http://www.ageod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11650

The details are listed there.

Edit: As Calvinus mentioned, it requires in a complete reinstall. The results of installing this patch on your current installation is a CTD. I have just confirmed this-twice.

Not necessarily. I think Calvinus said he had a CTD because he kept RE-applying it. I applied it this morning and have had no problems. Of course, YMMV.

06 Maestro -> RE: patch Alert! (11/20/2008 8:07:59 PM)

There are apparently some variables[:)]. At any rate, I reinstalled the game with the 104a patch, and it is working fine-better than it has so far. Actually, it is working much better. I have gone further than ever before, faster, and trouble free.

For some reason my PC is now using slightly over 2 gigs of RAM. Prior to the patch is was using about 1.6 gigs (normal idle usage is about 350 MB). (Edit: the reaon for the added ram use was loading the whole map at startup-perhaps that is a good thing to do.)

At this point, I would suggest installing the 104a beta patch-even if you end up having to reinstall the game. It seems to have fixed the seige bug even though that was not listed in the fixes.

It is looking like those guys at Ageod are making some real progress on getting this game in shape.
Do programers sweat at work?

06 Maestro -> RE: patch Alert! (11/24/2008 7:38:58 PM)

Patch 104c was released last night. There are some positive statemnts-looks good.

06 Maestro -> RE: patch Alert! (11/27/2008 8:38:19 AM)

And now; Patch 104d. I have already tried it, and it is the most ompressive improvement yet. My ram use dropped by about 50%, and it is "smoother". Get it while its hot.

oldspec4 -> RE: patch Alert! (11/27/2008 12:33:25 PM)

quote:

And now; Patch 104d. I have already tried it, and it is the most ompressive improvement yet. My ram use dropped by about 50%, and it is "smoother". Get it while its hot.

With more efficient use of ram, any idea of how well I could run this on 1 gig ram?

06 Maestro -> RE: patch Alert! (11/27/2008 3:20:34 PM)

It is now using 800 MB to just ovewr 1 gig of RAM. I woul say the game is now playable with only one gig of RAM-with a decent CPU. It was using about 2 gigs of RAM prior to this patch.

The difference is very noticable in overall performance of the game. This is a very good patch. I was already playing w/o CYD's-this just made it better.
Now, I need a good manual.

oldspec4 -> RE: patch Alert! (11/27/2008 5:24:58 PM)

quote:

It is now using 800 MB to just ovewr 1 gig of RAM. I woul say the game is now playable with only one gig of RAM-with a decent CPU. It was using about 2 gigs of RAM prior to this patch.

The difference is very noticable in overall performance of the game. This is a very good patch. I was already playing w/o CYD's-this just made it better.
Now, I need a good manual.

Thanks for the info..from the posts on this site and over at AGEod, I'm also gonna need the manual.

Hanal -> RE: patch Alert! (11/27/2008 7:39:10 PM)

For those of us patient with this game, we are starting to see the rewards! Not perfect yet, but an extreme improvement has been made in a short period of time!  [:)]

06 Maestro -> RE: patch Alert! (11/27/2008 8:03:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon

For those of us patient with this game, we are starting to see the rewards! Not perfect yet, but an extreme improvement has been made in a short period of time!  [:)]

Yes, extreme improvement. They still have a big patch planned for December too-I wonder what that will include-a manual?[;)] It is coming together nicely.
It is a detailed game, and will take some time to understand. Between the tool tips and the board game manual, it is doable, but I sure look forward to an orderly PDF which is 100% pertinent instead of 90%.

Primasprit -> RE: patch Alert! (11/28/2008 6:16:36 PM)

A new beta patch (1.04e) was released. Check here: http://www.ageod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11859 [:)]

Moltke71 -> RE: patch Alert! (11/29/2008 4:15:55 PM)

Do these patches still overwrite the serial key?

Primasprit -> RE: patch Alert! (11/29/2008 5:39:38 PM)

Nope, no need to re-enter it after applying the patch. [:)]

Moltke71 -> RE: patch Alert! (11/29/2008 7:24:11 PM)

Works as advertised. Thanks.

06 Maestro -> RE: patch Alert! (12/4/2008 5:34:44 PM)

Patch 104f is now available-get it while its hot! Its a beta, but who cares?[;)]

http://www.ageod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12006

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI