RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix

Gem35 -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/27/2008 8:00:47 PM)

I would like to know why you folks are even here if you can't afford to buy the games? Must be here to argue, we have enough of you stuffed shirts on this forum already. Oh and Happy Holidays and all that.[:)]

scout1 -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/27/2008 8:21:11 PM)

Interesting that Karkov is on sale but Gary Grisby's War between the States is not (even though is released prior to Karkov ....)

Why the difference ?

Adam Parker -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/27/2008 8:26:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

How much is a GMT board game down there? Over here it's about the same price or higher than one of our PC wargames.

Import prices have just gone up because of the dollar but for the price of a CC WaR download I'm getting FAB Bulge and my apologies, for a few dollars more, the LnL Closet Clearing Pack (store has heaps unsold) at a good price - all less my frequent shopper's discount. That's another nice retail touch.

Things don't sell, prices go down in retail. So that's how I based that buying decision: CaC WaR from Matrix at great risk due to bugs, vs in hand cardboard, plastic and wood. I really would have loved CaC WaR but too risky to write off $60AUD.

Another example: The store is selling every Axis and Allies boardgame at $25AUD! I bought a set of Bulge and Europe for less than an SSG Digital Dowload of Normandy - on special, as Xmas gifts.

Lützow -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/27/2008 8:27:40 PM)

Whatever you do, people will bitch about. It's an unwritten law of the internet. [8|]

Would consider to use this discount sale if I did not own all Matrix titles already I'm interested in. With the exception of CoG maybe, but then again the Emperor Edition is due in Q 1/2009.

Helpless -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/27/2008 9:01:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

Interesting that Karkov is on sale but Gary Grisby's War between the States is not (even though is released prior to Karkov ....)

Why the difference ?

PzC:Kharkov which was released before GG:WBtS is on sale. SSG's Kharkov is not. Two different games.

Edit: oops..

Hertston -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/27/2008 9:41:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gem35

I would like to know why you folks are even here if you can't afford to buy the games? Must be here to argue, we have enough of you stuffed shirts on this forum already.

Yeah... that's right. After 22 Matrix titles I've now fallen on hard times and can't afford any more. I'm just here now to salvage whatever pitiful little thrills I can from winding up heroes of the boards such as yourself.

Muppet. [8|]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/27/2008 9:46:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1 Interesting that Karkov is on sale but Gary Grisby's War between the States is not (even though is released prior to Karkov ....)

Err... whoops. If that's the case then it looks like we got our dates confused.

Gem35 -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/27/2008 10:03:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gem35

I would like to know why you folks are even here if you can't afford to buy the games? Must be here to argue, we have enough of you stuffed shirts on this forum already.

Yeah... that's right. After 22 Matrix titles I've now fallen on hard times and can't afford any more. I'm just here now to salvage whatever pitiful little thrills I can from winding up heroes of the boards such as yourself.

Muppet. [8|]

You are thrilling me Herston. But you are my hero actually, I only have a few games, not 22. Perhaps I should take advantage of the holiday sale.[:)]

bbmike -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/28/2008 1:57:47 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1 Interesting that Karkov is on sale but Gary Grisby's War between the States is not (even though is released prior to Karkov ....)

Err... whoops. If that's the case then it looks like we got our dates confused.

bbmike crosses fingers and waits for Gary Grisby's War between the States to go on sale... [sm=innocent0001.gif]

Ron Belcher -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/28/2008 6:04:54 AM)

yay!  pip pip !!!  I'm going to buy my 3rd copy of WiTP now =)  God Bless you all at Matrix Games !   (...& helping my Wife understand a good $ale on your games too! ---Merry Christmas!)   -= Tac =-

Southernland -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/28/2008 6:26:55 AM)

hey guys since some of you're british you might get this one.....    you've just had a wonderful arguement   i hope Matrix will be charging accordingly for their time and expertise

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-572077907195969915

LMAO

Adam Parker -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/28/2008 8:28:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Southern_land

hey guys since some of you're british you might get this one.....   

LOL!

GShock -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/28/2008 1:42:38 PM)

I find it amusing to read people complaining about Xmas discounts. I suggest Matrixgames to inflate prices for August the 15th...call it summer sales, perhaps some of the whiners will be happy then. [:D]

Marc von Martial -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/28/2008 2:00:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston ... Marc is just as bad.. he claimed in another thread that major games publishers sold in the UK on a pound for dollar basis, something he was unable to back-up when challenged; unsurprisingly as it is completely untrue.

Pardon me?

Nomad -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/28/2008 2:01:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Southern_land

hey guys since some of you're british you might get this one.....    you've just had a wonderful arguement   i hope Matrix will be charging accordingly for their time and expertise

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-572077907195969915

LMAO

I'm not British but I liked it. thanks.

Hertston -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/28/2008 4:16:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston ... Marc is just as bad.. he claimed in another thread that major games publishers sold in the UK on a pound for dollar basis, something he was unable to back-up when challenged; unsurprisingly as it is completely untrue.

Pardon me?

Oops!! My apologies, Marc. No idea why I 'misremembered' that one to you. It was Erik.

"As far as the UK goes, there are a lot of large game companies that price their games at $1 US = 1 UK Pound"

Sorry.

rjh1971 -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/28/2008 11:43:25 PM)

Thanks for the Sale, just purchased Guns of August 1914-18, I read some very good AARs about it and wanted to have it, this sale just tip the balance on your side and I decided to get it, now I'll have to explain my wife what is that 26,73 € charge in the bank account...[:@] Christmas present [:D]

Zonebar -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/29/2008 5:15:39 AM)

Thanks for the sale! I just got Guns of August also.

Zonebar

Adam Parker -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (11/29/2008 8:07:19 AM)

quote:

Adam,

Look at it from a different point of view. Our prices for some customers, as a result of the currency conversion and sale happening at the same time (they had to, as we were updating prices store-wide for the sale), either went down slightly or stayed the same... I fail therefore to see how it could possibly have changed your purchase decisions.

Well, you did get a purchase from me after all Erik - and here's what made the decision for me.

The dollar has resulted in higher prices from the US in Australia but with your sale you managed to price John Tiller's Campaign Series at a still very tempting $39 AUD, digital download.

I remembered paying $75 AUD for West Front (in a box with big thick manual) when it came out. So I hesistated. I owned all the games and $40 is still money. What bugs in the game remain, was the AI still brain dead at times? But I remembered how much I loved DYO with it. Would it be worth the very nice convenience of not needing multiple discs to play. I waivered on "NO"...

Ever defiant, I took out my old West Front and installed it and it went fine. That was... until I tried to load a scenario when after the perfectly functioning menu and music I was told "NOT SUPPORTED ON WINDOWS NT"! - I'm running XP Pro.

So Erik, you've actually done the hobby a service here in getting the series to run on XP and Vista. I honestly didn't know that - YOU NEED BETTER ADVERTISING! [;)]

So there you go. If only the dollar was better I'd have saved another $10. But on this occasion I found some value.

However, digital downloads of $61 AUD CC WaR? $77 AUD WW1!!? $77 AUD Commander Napoleon!!!!? Ditto GG WbtS, Kharkov, BoA2? No [:-] You're actually asking $92 AUD for physical copies of these games! There's no value for me there.

Motomouse -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (12/1/2008 12:25:18 PM)

Finally got Napoleon in Italy and Tin Soldiers: Alexander   Regards Motomouse

gexmex -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (12/2/2008 2:14:49 PM)

i'm sad, i bought flashpoint germany and advanced tactics ww2 a last week at full price [:(]  bollocks

Vasquez -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (12/2/2008 11:29:34 PM)

Ill get AACW and another copy from Advanced Tactics as a X-mas present for a friend..

Eastern -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (12/2/2008 11:47:24 PM)

Damn , I ordered 8 games on the 13 th november, now I must wait for those games because WOrld War I isnt available.(backordering they say ???)  I had better wait for the holiday discount this way, now they credited my visa on the 13 th and I still have no games !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erik Rutins -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (12/2/2008 11:52:01 PM)

Eastern,

E-mail me with your order number and I'll see what's going on there. If you like, we can remove WWI from the order so the others can ship.

Regards,

- Erik

Eastern -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (12/3/2008 12:08:46 AM)

To Erik Rutins,

Thanks for your concern, I give you the order number, but if you remove the game WWI then I have to buy it on another occasion with again the sending costs, which is heavy to Belgium , so if you know what happens with this game perhaps its worth the waiting ?? if its not too long ! The order number is 1646570625

Regards, Eastern

PAEZ -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (12/3/2008 1:40:40 AM)

I like to buy WITP. War in the Pacific. It is with the discount a price I can afford, But I want to know if with the new expansion;there'll be a  bundle. You know the game + the expansion. I would wait for the bundle and use the money to buy to of your games now if that is the case. Can you guys point me in the right direction before the 7th date line tnx. P.

wworld7 -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (12/3/2008 2:53:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PAEZ

I like to buy WITP. War in the Pacific. It is with the discount a price I can afford, But I want to know if with the new expansion;there'll be a  bundle. You know the game + the expansion. I would wait for the bundle and use the money to buy to of your games now if that is the case. Can you guys point me in the right direction before the 7th date line tnx. P.
Paez,

I wish I could help you but there has only been speculation of a bundle of WITP & WITP-AE.

Nothing official has been announced by Matrix.

Cmdrcain -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (12/3/2008 7:55:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Adam Parker

$61 AUD for your CC Wacht Am Rhine digital download is going to buy me a nice GMT board game and a Lock n' Load Expansion this weekend. Sorry. Too much risk and not enough value.

Your SSG prices have always made them too risky for me. $53 AUD for the now old and defunct Battlefront digital download?[X(] You gotta be kidding! It's $60 in my local store right now with a manual - and it hasn't sold for months.

I have to laugh, since I keep my games original box/pkg... looking at Battlefront when I bought it in 1990's or maybe 80's sticker on it is 64.95 USD

Don't know what it been in that times AUD, but with both adjusted for inflation, seems to me it should be probably alot higher then $53-60 AUD

Grigsbys original WITP was 69.95

Its 69.99 for Remake discounted to 48.99 Yet those 80's or 90's dollars would have it far higher...

Frankly the prices are good... Sure Digital downloading may also seem a cheaper way then boxed but I wonder what the costs are to run something like digital river and the cost to Matrix...

Servers, ISP fees, Maint, paying techs, etc must make it cost some for such likr DR... or any company running own website.

Marc von Martial -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (12/3/2008 11:30:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eastern Thanks for your concern, I give you the order number, but if you remove the game WWI then I have to buy it on another occasion with again the sending costs, which is heavy to Belgium

Did you buy it from our Europen warehouse? The shipping costs should only be a few Euros then.

Eastern -> RE: Matrix Games Announces the 2008 Holiday Sale! (12/3/2008 6:47:16 PM)

Yes , from the european shop, but the shipping costs are 8,84 € !! So I order once a year and then for several games (now 8) so the costs are spread out. The taxes are also high : 62,32 € , but thats Belgium I suppose. Nothing new about World War I - la grande guerre ??

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI