Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Online Leagues

garysorrell -> Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (11/30/2008 7:15:28 AM)

I've taken a page from DreamTeams book and decided to run a completely fictional solo league. This project has grabbed my imagination in a way that my Wild West league didnt.
Great minds think alike maybe[8D]

Seriously though, for those who enjoy following along with the football universes of others, as I do....week 1 of the Pacifica Football League is complete.

I have a couple other things to add to the site, but it's ready as it is.

DreamTeams -> RE: Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (11/30/2008 7:40:13 AM)

Wow. Tropicana took a thumping this week. Perhaps they'll do better next week. Think I'll follow the Tridents.

garysorrell -> RE: Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (11/30/2008 4:35:08 PM)

Yea, hard to tell after 1 week. Tropicana could be really bad, or Mountain Home may be really good. The Flyers definately can throw the ball.

I do have my maindata tweaked a bit, as far as some of the skill attributes. I lowered the DBs coverage, and raised the WR catch. I cant stand the completion % being below 50%. Had to bump it up. But, it's a work in progress. I also bumped up the kicker KS. 

DreamTeams -> RE: Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (11/30/2008 5:53:38 PM)

Gary, in my testing learned that 'speed' has a whole lot to do with DB coverage, as well, even more so than 'coverage.' Someone had mentioned before (JDHalfrack I think) that 'coverage' is geared more toward a DB's ability to avoid penalties. It has to do with 'how' he covers instead of 'how well' he covers. However, in my tests I found that 'speed' seemed to affect 'how well' he covers. In looking at my league I found out that my DB's speed ratings were too high across the league and completion % suffered drastically as well as scoring through the air. Also they were getting to runs much too quickly around the corners and break away runs disappeared. Plus the redzone was quite a hazard as teams were prevented from scoring close.

So, I set out to make most DB's slower than receivers in order to loosen up the coverage and improve the completion % in the Metros. The Db's simply had too much speed across the league. So globally lowering the speed did the trick as teams started moving the ball through the air again and getting better completions. Used Jdhalfrack's editor to lower in increments then test then lower a little more, then test, etc. I still have a few lock down DB's in the league and their speed helps control some of those break away runs and stopping guys coming around the corner but they are very few. Folks will have to tinker with the ratings and test a bit to find a happy medium for them. Seems to have worked well, for me.

garysorrell -> RE: Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (11/30/2008 7:38:51 PM)

Thanks. Never occurred to me to look at speed of DBs as a factor.
I may give it a try in a separate league, see how it pans out, and then implement it into the PFL.

garysorrell -> RE: Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (11/30/2008 7:46:10 PM)

I was just looking at an old league I had, and noticed the game seems to generate DBs speed in the low 90s, hi 80s. Whereas the WRs speed seems to be in the 80s...on average. At least thats how it panned out in this league.

How much slower, in general do you make the DBs?

DreamTeams -> RE: Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (12/1/2008 12:08:14 AM)

I saw the same thing in the Metros with Db's in the high 80 and quite a few in the 90's.

First I decreased speed by 20, then 15, then 10, then 5.

Settled on 10. Seems just right for my league.

Decrease by 20 = Crazy. The passing was way successful. Big yardage. Big runs were off the hook, too.
Decrease by 15 = Still a bit to much. Big runs still a problem.
Decrease by 10 = Just right. Can still see low scoring games. Big runs happen but not frequently. Worked best when I edited in a few 90's studs but not overdoing it.
Decrease by 5 = Not enough of a difference. Defenders still to tight.

Most of my DB's are in the 70's with some in the 60's. Some in the 80's. I did edit in a few studs in the 90's but no one over 93.

My best advice would be to play with this on the field until you geat what you want for your league. Oh, and definately follow your plan to back up your league file first.

garysorrell -> RE: Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (12/1/2008 5:19:36 AM)

Slight upgrade to Tropicana Stadium can now be seen on the Stadiums page

[image]http://www.geocities.com/gary_l_sorrell/pacifica/TROPICANA2.jpg[/image]

Reaser -> RE: Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (12/1/2008 8:02:20 PM)

Liking the Tridents...

cool stadiums, still need to check out the Uni's before I pick a team...

garysorrell -> RE: Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (12/2/2008 1:59:07 AM)

I'll get some uni pics up soon. Most teams have only 1 uniform....but Tropicana and Lakeside have home and away.

hack153 -> RE: Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (12/2/2008 2:51:59 AM)

how are you getting your attendance and fiances?

garysorrell -> RE: Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (12/2/2008 12:27:38 PM)

Some kind of program Mykal sent me, that I think he got from somewhere else

Bobolini -> RE: Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (12/8/2008 9:05:32 PM)

Gary, Pacifica Island looks like it was generated from Civ2 or Civ3? Gotta love imagination and your detail looks much better than mine. What resolution are you running?

garysorrell -> RE: Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (12/9/2008 12:31:47 AM)

Thanks, it's from the Civ3 editor.

1280x1024 is my monitor resolution.

I've tried Civ4, just hasnt grown on me yet.

Mykal -> RE: Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (12/9/2008 12:41:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: garysorrell

Slight upgrade to Tropicana Stadium can now be seen on the Stadiums page

[image]http://www.geocities.com/gary_l_sorrell/pacifica/TROPICANA2.jpg[/image]

OMG.......................... who realeased the Craken............ run everybody run [sm=scared0018.gif]

garysorrell -> RE: Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (12/9/2008 1:41:43 AM)

He is 'Drunk' patrol...get outta line, and well.....he 'deals' with you [8D]

garysorrell -> RE: Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (12/9/2008 1:46:14 AM)

The Tridents will definately have a new uni for season 2. Red and Black dont strike me as 'aquatic'.

garysorrell -> RE: Pacifica Football League - Season 1 (3/12/2009 12:57:22 AM)

Well, I didnt think I would ever finish, but I completed the first season and the Mountain Home Flyers defeated the Seaview Destroyers 34-6 to win the Poseidon Cup.

Game quirks aside, it was a fun 10 weeks of football.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI