..Silvanski's War in the East, Axis Elmer (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports

a white rabbit -> ..Silvanski's War in the East, Axis Elmer (12/2/2008 5:12:59 AM)

..this is only a review to T44, a full review if i stay interested enough to take Berlin, likely at the moment..

..Axis Elmer, red bunny, there at last i've come clean...

..so far i've little but applause for Silvanski on this one. Map size excellent, piece density juuuust fine, formation size is fine with the admited toawification of units not creating any problem, ant potential very low (if you want to survive), unit hardness fine, the Italians and the Rumanians are patsies, and it only takes just over an hour to make a move, Elmer about 25 minutes, supply is as realistic as can be with the Russians running out of gas on any advance..

..but beyond all that i do recomend playing it if you are intending to do any pure vs Elmer scens. A lot of thought has gone into Elmer here such that he is a dangerous opponent evn when in retreat. Of particular interest are the Axis air-drops, wicked, and the agressive naval forces ( a note here, Elmer now moves out of range of land based artillery the instant you open fire..clever Ralph)..

..a few tweaks more maybe Silvanski, for a vs Axis Elmer game..make the Russian early game formations even more likely to go into technical re-org, reduce the early Russian rr-repair level and weaken still further the on-arrival Russian units..

..otherwise, this has to be one for the next disc..

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI