kingdoms?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

dodod -> kingdoms?? (12/2/2008 10:32:15 PM)

any chance of new kingdoms being introduced in the game? I think with kingdoms and dominance changes, a 20-30 year campaign can be started (assuming the game speed is streamlined--LOL)

I think kingdoms make the game have more short term goals that would be interesting and help with diplomacy.

Another point is the naval issue..I know this is being worked on, but better combat and also an option to build them more easily...

Marshall Ellis -> RE: kingdoms?? (12/3/2008 12:38:50 PM)

More kingdoms may come later but not right now.
I will work to streamline PBEM, improve AI, Add editor, Add 1812 campaign before anything gets added like more kingdoms or drastic naval changes.

NeverMan -> RE: kingdoms?? (12/3/2008 1:50:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

I will work to streamline PBEM, improve AI, Add editor, Add 1812 campaign before anything gets added like more kingdoms or drastic naval changes.

So where does Empires in Arms (the real one) fit into all this?

DCWhitworth -> RE: kingdoms?? (12/3/2008 9:45:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NeverMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

So where does Empires in Arms (the real one) fit into all this?

It doesn't. The computer game was never intended to be a 100% faithful conversion of the boardgame and I can't see Matrix authorising a fundamental rewrite of the game just to please the handful of people that are displeased it has drifted away from holy scripture.

I think the horse is long deceased and you should put the whip down now.

pzgndr -> RE: kingdoms?? (12/9/2008 12:42:34 AM)

quote:

The computer game was never intended to be a 100% faithful conversion of the boardgame and I can't see Matrix authorising a fundamental rewrite of the game just to please the handful of people that are displeased it has drifted away from holy scripture.

Exactly right. But for that handful, no horse is too dead to beat.

dodod -> RE: kingdoms?? (12/9/2008 2:14:29 AM)

Marshall..thank you for your work.

In regards to kingdoms...is there a way you can program simple ownership to trigger corp/fleet ability for free states?

for example, in kingdom of Italy, is it very hard to simply add manpower and monies of multiple free states for kingdom formation? does this require a lot of programming??

thanx

borner -> RE: kingdoms?? (12/9/2008 4:08:54 AM)

count me in that group, although I have tried to get over it and embrace EiH as better than nothing at all

iamspamus -> RE: kingdoms?? (12/9/2008 11:31:02 AM)

Tangent...
I had horse in France. It was good.

Back to EiANW...
I could see this sometime down the road, but not yet.

Jason

quote:

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

quote:

The computer game was never intended to be a 100% faithful conversion of the boardgame and I can't see Matrix authorising a fundamental rewrite of the game just to please the handful of people that are displeased it has drifted away from holy scripture.

Exactly right. But for that handful, no horse is too dead to beat.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI