RE: Can be the crash tracks on vehicles removed on next patch? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein

advo -> RE: Can be the crash tracks on vehicles removed on next patch? (1/25/2009 9:14:46 AM)

Question. vehicle, using wheels (not tracks) have chance to break at movement through a wood?

Andrew Williams -> RE: Can be the crash tracks on vehicles removed on next patch? (1/25/2009 9:53:00 AM)

yes

advo -> RE: Can be the crash tracks on vehicles removed on next patch? (1/25/2009 11:13:18 AM)

Thanks Andrew Williams for very good support at this forum.

kojusoki1 -> RE: Can be the crash tracks on vehicles removed on next patch? (1/25/2009 12:49:07 PM)

I find cars being immob much more often then those on tracks... but i can be wrong of course :)

advo -> RE: Can be the crash tracks on vehicles removed on next patch? (1/27/2009 1:35:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

Patch is still in testing.

It should be available within the next week or so.

When it is planned to let out a new patch?

kwverdon -> RE: Can be the crash tracks on vehicles removed on next patch? (1/28/2009 2:36:02 AM)

Any hope of it being out this week?

Grollub -> RE: Can be the crash tracks on vehicles removed on next patch? (1/30/2009 11:07:57 PM)

quote:

quote:

Is this game still supported?

Patch is still in testing.

It should be available within the next week or so.

We can't release the patch until testing is completed.

cheers

This was three weeks ago. Any news/timeline on the new patch?

Andrew Williams -> RE: Can be the crash tracks on vehicles removed on next patch? (1/30/2009 11:14:12 PM)

Nearly ready...a few last things to bed down.

kwverdon -> RE: Can be the crash tracks on vehicles removed on next patch? (1/30/2009 11:18:41 PM)

The lack of support from the developer on this forum is really making me regret my purchase of this program.  2 months after purchasing it, I STILL cannot run a campaign as the Americans due to the Track problem and empty battlegroup bug.  I've asked for updates on the patch and we get nothing.  I would think they would treat their customers a bit better.  This is rather dissapointing as I've had excellent support with the other Matrix Games I've purchased. 

I know someone modded the files to help with the track problem, has/can the files be modded to get around the emtpy battlegroup bug? 

Grollub -> RE: Can be the crash tracks on vehicles removed on next patch? (1/30/2009 11:24:36 PM)

quote:

Nearly ready...a few last things to bed down.

Fine. Thanks for the info [:)]

Andrew Williams -> RE: Can be the crash tracks on vehicles removed on next patch? (1/30/2009 11:38:47 PM)

2 months... sorry about that.... we would appreciate your suggestions on how long a testing period is adequate for a games patch?

quote:

has/can the files be modded to get around the emtpy battlegroup bug? 

no, but it has been addressed in the upcoming patch.

kwverdon -> RE: Can be the crash tracks on vehicles removed on next patch? (1/31/2009 12:40:13 AM)

Andrew, sarcasim does not become you, nor does it gain you points in customer service.  However since you asked I will venture my opinion.  I am not sure exactly how much time is required for a game patch it depends on the complexity of the fixes.  The complexity of the fixes does however give indication of the definciencies in the released product.  Though I am not certain of the exact amount of time for a patch, I can definately assertain that the amount of time needed for testing of a product, at least your product, BEFORE release, is whatever amount of time you devoted to testing plus 2 months.  This is assuming, of course, that the patch fixes the problems with the product and brings it up to the level it should have been at release. 

Should you feel that it was necessary to release the product in an unfinished state, the least, the VERY least you can do to provide some support for the folks that paid out their money and supported YOU would be to provide some timely updates upon just when they might be able to make full use of the product they purchased.

thanks,

Kevin

Andrew Williams -> RE: Can be the crash tracks on vehicles removed on next patch? (1/31/2009 3:31:24 AM)

Thanks Kevin

The patch will be released when it is ready.

The empty Battle group bug did not show up during testing and has not been reproduced amongst any of us since release.

We can not reproduce the bug even if trying to.

I think there have been 4 reports of this bug out of the thousands of sales.

We have used the GC's provided by users to track it down and now it is fixed.. we are now in the final stages of testing "The Law of unintended consequence" .. making sure there is no other adverse effects from our fix.

thanks for your contribution, everyones input is welcome.

kwverdon -> RE: Can be the crash tracks on vehicles removed on next patch? (1/31/2009 5:37:42 PM)

Thank you Andrew, that is more like it.  Please do keep us informed on the status of the patch.

Kevin

TheReal_Pak40 -> RE: Can be the crash tracks on vehicles removed on next patch? (1/31/2009 10:21:11 PM)

Kevin,

In my opinion the game is very playable. I'm on day 6 of the grand campaign and there are no major bugs that I've come across. Sure there are things that I would like to see changed like the % that vehicles are immobilized due to thrown tracks but these cases are rare at best. Occasionally I will see a questionable LOS issue but it's not a huge deal in the overall picture of the dozens and dozens of battles that I have so far played in the six days of campaigning.

A good question for Andrew and the developers is whether saved games under the current version will work with saved games under the new patch. Andrew, can you shed some light on this?

Grollub -> RE: Can be the crash tracks on vehicles removed on next patch? (1/31/2009 11:33:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheReal_Pak40

Kevin,

In my opinion the game is very playable. I'm on day 6 of the grand campaign and there are no major bugs that I've come across. Sure there are things that I would like to see changed like the % that vehicles are immobilized due to thrown tracks but these cases are rare at best. Occasionally I will see a questionable LOS issue but it's not a huge deal in the overall picture of the dozens and dozens of battles that I have so far played in the six days of campaigning.

A good question for Andrew and the developers is whether saved games under the current version will work with saved games under the new patch. Andrew, can you shed some light on this?

I chime in on this question. As with Kevin, my campaign is stalled due to the empty BG bug and I hope that I will be able to continue with the new patch.

Andrew Williams -> RE: Can be the crash tracks on vehicles removed on next patch? (2/1/2009 4:46:58 AM)

We have tested the "Stalled" campaigns that have been forwarded to us and they can continue from their current position... so that's a plus.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI