Decent medieval games? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Ramcat -> Decent medieval games? (12/4/2008 9:42:09 PM)

I'm currently burnt out on the Tin Soldier games and Medieval II: Total War has left me a bit dry so here I am on the prowl for a new game set in that era. More specifically, I'm looking for games that focus more on tactical combat then strategy.

mllange -> RE: Decent medieval games? (12/5/2008 2:24:37 AM)

If you enjoyed the Tin Soldier's series you should also peruse the discussion here

killroyishere -> RE: Decent medieval games? (12/5/2008 9:56:54 AM)

Lords of the Realms II and the Siege Battlepack would be my suggestion. A bit like Total War series, but, with a better ai and more streamlined structure of play.

Grell -> RE: Decent medieval games? (12/5/2008 12:22:09 PM)

Try Knights of Honor, it may be simple but it is a decent game. It's like Medieval Total War.

Regards,

Grell

Joram -> RE: Decent medieval games? (12/5/2008 1:22:55 PM)

I enjoyed KoH as well.   A different take than Medieval TW2 but similar as well.  Fun game when it comes down to it.  What I didn't like was the copy protection.  I couldn't run it when I had a legitimate CD-burn software on my comp.  Had to uninstall that before it would play.  I don't remember if it had starforce or securom.

elcidce -> RE: Decent medieval games? (12/5/2008 1:40:16 PM)

Crusader Kings has a large following.

LitFuel -> RE: Decent medieval games? (12/5/2008 2:30:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joram

I enjoyed KoH as well.   A different take than Medieval TW2 but similar as well.  Fun game when it comes down to it.  What I didn't like was the copy protection.  I couldn't run it when I had a legitimate CD-burn software on my comp.  Had to uninstall that before it would play.  I don't remember if it had starforce or securom.

I love Knights of Honor, still play it often. I know it wasn't starforce on it; it was one of the others. Anyway with the last patch they released you can run it without the CD so doesn't matter. There are a few mods for it too that make the AI harder.

doomtrader -> RE: Decent medieval games? (12/5/2008 2:52:37 PM)

Maybe not so medieval but released for free:
Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War
http://www.gamershell.com/news_61804.html

Greybriar -> RE: Decent medieval games? (12/5/2008 2:58:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Maybe not so medieval but released for free:
Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War
http://www.gamershell.com/news_61804.html

I don't know about the version of Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War available from Gamershell, but the retail version has StarForce. The price is definitely right though.

milkweg -> RE: Decent medieval games? (12/10/2008 2:11:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LitFuel

I love Knights of Honor, still play it often. I know it wasn't starforce on it; it was one of the others. Anyway with the last patch they released you can run it without the CD so doesn't matter. There are a few mods for it too that make the AI harder.

I have that game but didn't know there was a newer patch out for it with no cd check. Off to score my copy now, thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI